Journal?

» I do not (but probably should). Check this link:

»

» [link=http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/board_entry.php?id=51073&page=0&order=time&category=all.tld/]Cigar

» Dossier[/link]

Thanks just got one.I love this sport, so much cool equipment;-)

» My question to the gang is do you keep a smoking journal and

» if so what type of info do you put in the journal

»

» Thanks

» Fletch

I ain't no pro, but I keep a journal with all of my tasting notes for each cigar. Prelight, 1,2,3 3rds, and overall summary. I don't keep notes on EVERY cigar, but I like to "journal" at least 1/2 the cigars I smoke.

This is also a good way to track a cigars development over time to test and see where the flavors are moving. It also is fun to look back and see how my tastes have changed over the years.

I have also done reviews where I just wrote on scrap paper. This is a BAD idea. I have then lost the reviews and for a number of reasons, really wish I still had them.

Mine is just an old journaling notebook my wife wasn't using. Has a cool fabric cover and fits in my back pocket easily. But anything will work

» Thanks to Lisa (and sometimes Rob), I have built a solid beginning to a

» collection. My question to the gang is do you keep a smoking journal and

»

» Thanks

» Fletch

When I first got into cigars I entered every cigar I smoked into a notebook, however as the years have progressed it is harder and harder to write in an 'official' format and have moved into solely recording general thoughts about contruction, taste etc. It is a great resource if you can keep it up though. Best of Luck...it is fun...but sometimes I found that I was enjoying my cigar too much to be bothered about focusing on writing down my thoughts along the way....very hard as well after a few accompanying beverages!

» Thanks to Lisa (and sometimes Rob), I have built a solid beginning to a

» collection. My question to the gang is do you keep a smoking journal and

»

» Thanks

» Fletch

Hi Fletch

I am on my second journal (a documentation habit I picked up professionally)

Here's a link to amazon. Some are cigar books, some are journals.

but you can order them.

[link=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/105-1676225-6334045?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks-used&field-keywords=Cigar+Journal&Go.x=11&Go.y=9&Go=Go]Link[/link]

About 1 in 10 cigars, I will take notes on.

usual format:

cigar

date smoked

date stamped

drink

pre light impression

construction

1/3

2/3

3/3

overall impression

Notebook is nothing special just a pocket moleskin.....I feel like a big dork but I also glue the band in there as well.

I started a journal when I was smoking a couple cigars a week but things have gotten out of hand and I would not want that much documentaion on how many cigars I smoke or what they might cost.;-)

• 1 year later...