R&J Mill Fleur vs R&J PC

While visiting the unemployment office I met a fellow BOTL that, like myself, is new to CC.

He asked me a question on something that I could not give an answer to so I am asking all of you to help answer this question.

He asked if I knew which was a better cigar, RJMF or RJPC.

So I ask which is the better of the 2. I know the PC is a little bigger in diameter but not having smoked either one i could not give him an honest answer. So please give me your honest answer.

Thanks

Mike

As far as the cigars are concerned,

Mille Fleurs are medium if not mild-medium, the PC is medium-full and a lot stronger.

But since you asked my honest opinion -

while at the unemployment office, I would'nt think about cigars at alll.

All the best,

Alex

• Like 2

(But since you asked my honest opinion -

while at the unemployment office, I would'nt think about cigars at alll.) Quote

You are correct on this. Like stated he asked me. I was laid off 6 weeks ago and have not purchased a box since a month before I got laid off.

He obviously has more money than I do. I am now totally out of CC cigars and only have about 7 or 8 NC left in my humidor.

Really stinks being unemployed. Still waiting for my first unemployment check. Will be awhile before I can buy a box of any type of cigar. After more than 20 years of smoking cigars I am soon gonna find out what it feels like to not have any to smoke! !!!!

I know the PC is a little bigger in diameter but not having smoked either one i could not give him an honest answer.

They're EXACTLY the same size, although their vitola names are different (the pc is a mareva, ie a "premium" vitola, when the MF is a "petit corona", as it used to be a machine made cigar, until 2002).

I find the pc more refined but needing several years ageing; the MF is more direct, and more an "everyday cigar"…

They're EXACTLY the same size, although their vitola names are different (the pc is a mareva, ie a "premium" vitola, when the MF is a "petit corona", as it used to be a machine made cigar, until 2002).

I find the pc more refined but needing several years ageing; the MF is more direct, and more an "everyday cigar"…

Similar profiles, though?

I have not smoked either and cannot offer any opinion. However, I am confused as to why the factory names (vitola de galera) of both cigars is not the same (mareva). My understanding is that the vitola de galera describes the vitola (size, shape, cap) of the cigar regardless of marca or flavour profile. I am not aware of any cigar of this size 42 X 129 having any factory name other than mareva. I am also curious how one would be able to tell these 2 cigars apart once they are out of the box given they have the same shape, size and band. Perhaps those of you with more experience can shed some light on this.

Thanks

I have not smoked either and cannot offer any opinion. However, I am confused as to why the factory names (vitola de galera) of both cigars is not the same (mareva). My understanding is that the vitola de galera describes the vitola (size, shape, cap) of the cigar regardless of marca or flavour profile. I am not aware of any cigar of this size 42 X 129 having any factory name other than mareva. I am also curious how one would be able to tell these 2 cigars apart once they are out of the box given they have the same shape, size and band. Perhaps those of you with more experience can shed some light on this.

As I pointed out: "petit corona" and "mareva" are similar sizes, but, initially, the petit corona vitola was that of machine made cigars: Partagas Mille Fleur, R&J Mille Fleur, Upmann Regalias, RyJ Romeo No.2, Hoyo Coronation, Punch Coronation).

Marevas, in the other hand, have always been hand made.

In 2002 these cigars became hand made, but for some reason, Cubataba didn't change their vitola de galera (when they should have become marevas).

Then yes, you can have RyJ or Upmann cigars of the exact same size, both HM with long filler, rolled under different vitola de galera.

I'd be curious to have this situation explained but I don't believe it will happen.

(btw, for more confusion, the appellation "petit corona" is universaly generalized for all cigars of that size, regardless of their vitola de galera and vitola de salidad…)

• Like 1

Hopefully not to get too far off topic, but how do the Regalia de Londres compare to the MF and PC. I don't see much talk about the RdL.

-Dan

Thank you Smallclub. There is obviously much I still have to learn about Habanos Cigars but I am enjoying the experience and this site is by far the most informative.

Do I understand correctly that:

1. The Cigars of this size that were originally machine made and are now hand made have a Vitola de Galera of Petit Corona.

2. The Cigars of this size that have always been hand made have a Vitola de Galera of Mereva.

3. One can now know by the Vitola de Galera if the cigars were originally hand made or machine made.

Are there any exceptions to this rule?

I intend to purchase a few of each cigar to see if I can note any difference.

Do I understand correctly that:

1. The Cigars of this size that were originally machine made and are now hand made have a Vitola de Galera of Petit Corona.

2. The Cigars of this size that have always been hand made have a Vitola de Galera of Mereva.

3. One can now know by the Vitola de Galera if the cigars were originally hand made or machine made.

Are there any exceptions to this rule?

Correct!

As for the exceptions, none to my knowledge, except one which is probably a mistake:

the HSA website lists the Por Larranaga petit corona as a "petit corona", which is odd for a cigar that nowadays come exclusively in cabinets of 50 (the packaging in dress box of 25 was available until 2002, but I don't believe it has ever been a MM cigar).

post-2052-0-64923600-1414888023_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Correct!

As for the exceptions, none to my knowledge, except one which is probably a mistake:

the HSA website lists the Por Larranaga petit corona as a "petit corona", which is odd for a cigar that nowadays come exclusively in cabinets of 50 (the packaging in dress box of 25 was available until 2002, but I don't believe it has ever been a MM cigar).

attachicon.gifVitolario.jpg

Trevor's site lists it as a Mareva. Thanks for the lesson.

Cheers