New seals, butchered

rahko

I can't say for sure, but I believe this is done with gray market / parallel importers, so that the origin can't be tracked. I think there might be a fairly

recent thread showing something similar. I'm sure members with more knowledge will chime in.

It is to protect distributors who are selling outside of their market. I have received cigars from 2 vendors like this.

The one I recevied from FOH, with numbers intact, was classified as a fraud by Habanos website, so I am not sure how much value to put into the dumb things anyway.

It is to protect distributors who are selling outside of their market. I have received cigars from 2 vendors like this.

The one I recevied from FOH, with numbers intact, was classified as a fraud by Habanos website, so I am not sure how much value to put into the dumb things anyway.

Another HSA Brainstorm :cap:

Ive heard its a gray-market thing so they cant trace the actual origin. Doesnt necessarily mean theyre fake, just not bought directly from a HSA distributor... Im no expert, just did alot of research before I was pointed to the Czar.

My vendor had this to say"As regards removed codes, please do not worry, we cut off the serial

number to protect our business. We sell only original Cuban cigars.

Authenticity is 100% guaranteed!"

I was also toldthat the vendors do this when shipping to usa to avoid scrutiny and possible problems.