Cubans in Salamanca, Spain?

Hello all,

I am a college student and I will be traveling this summer to Salamanca, Spain to study abroad. I am an avid cigar enthusiast and I would love to enjoy some wonderful Cuban cigars in the city. Does anyone have any information on cigar shops in the area? It is not one of the biggest cities in Spain, but it is a cultural center with a thriving tourist based economy, so I would assume that there would be some really nice cigar shops/ lounges. Again, any help would be appreciated.

Hi there,

you are going to a historically very interesting and beautiful city ! I was there last autumm visiting it yet again and loved it, will return this year.

As for cigar shops : no worries, there are "Estancos", as the tobacco shops are called in Spain everywhere, there you get mostly cigarettes but ask around for one that has a larger selection of "puros" ( cigars ) or better yet, a "Cava de Puros", that is an Estanco with a walk in humidor. People are helpful, they'll inform you where to go.

Be advised that most cigar Estancos will not open boxes for selection and be careful with storage conditions.

Prices are government fixed, so they all cost the same in any shop.

Cigars in Spain are readily available, even in Bars or restaurants and smoking is generally no problem.

Enjoy your stay !

Nino

awesome, enjoy your time over there. If your smart you will spend every dollar you have on the VR Maestros that might just still be laying around. Those are amazing cigars.

awesome, enjoy your time over there. If your smart you will spend every dollar you have on the VR Maestros that might just still be laying around. Those are amazing cigars.

I can confirm that there are still Maestros around :-)) no problem finding them

I can confirm that there are still Maestros around :-)) no problem finding them

I will make sure to do so. Thank you very much for your help. Besides the cigars, I can not wait to sample some glorious Spanish wines while admiring some wonderful architecture in the old city.