My 2009 Habanos Cigar of the Year Award

For the seasoned smoker, for those we share with, and for those who have to smell us smoking, the Vegas Robaina Clasicos has something for everyone.

Apperance is gorgeous. Construction and draw never cause problems.

Price is between a BBF and Dip 4. And so is the entire smoking experience. At 6.40 x 42, this cigar feels good to hold and won't overwhelm the occasional smoker we enjoy sharing with.

The prelight aroma is mouthwattering: rich tobacco and inviting floral notes.

Vegas Robaina's are known for their superior wrappers which have delicious hints of earth and spice.

It puts out thick, generous smoke despite having a smaller ring gauge.

It gives me the rich toasted cuban tobacco flavors I crave. And then floods in this great blend of chocolate with spice (rather than coffee). It is a cigar that evolves in character, with distive white pepper notes in the 2nd-third, which makes it intriguing without overpowering.

It is a medium bodied smoke. Another reason I like to hand it out. But there will be some medium-full moments toward the end, which will give our friends that cuban cigar feeling.

Aroma

The unique thing about this cigar which makes it my smoke of the year is it's intoxicating aroma. I don't know, forrest floor? Chocolate flowers? Whatever it is, smokers love it and the others like it. Women, in particular. Which makes if ideal for smoking in public.

This and other VRs are in my regular rotatioin. It's what I give to people I like who want to try a cuban. Inexpensive enough that it's not just for special occasions. But it's always a special occasion to smoke 'em.

post-6008-1262997098.jpg

post-6008-1262997151.jpg

post-6008-1262997207.jpg