Best Scotch I've had so far

SamuraiJack

I should say best booze I have ever had. I've been sitting on a bottle of Bruichladdich 1989 Full Strength for over a year, went through half of it right when I got it. I dug it up again and decided to drink it straight, no water, and man its amazing. No idea if it sitting in a bottle for a while changed anything, or if no-water makes a huge difference. But its complexity seems to have blossomed enormously. Each sip is an experience. Divine nectar of the earth!

Sounds like a top experience! :daydream:

I too often wonder what the effect of leaving bottles after they have been opened ?? I have a few now that have been open 3-4 months and are fine (the bouquet has even opened up a little) but is there a point where there is a negative effect??

Samurai Jack have you tried the bruichladich 2nd edition?? I bought a couple recently (haven't opened) and wonder what they are like. obvously not going to be anything on your example.

Ha! Opposite here in Chicago, getting cold, breaking out the Scotches.

Yea, I'm not sure how I feel about the Bruichladdich explosion. Variety is great, and I'm sure they have a great time trying new things, but I appreciate when a distillery knows what they do best and focus on that. That said, I have never met a Bruichladdich I didn't like. I think I remember reading something about Bruichladdich recently getting bought, and their massive store of scotch opened up.