Drag racing anyone?

A friend who I shared too many beers with in the Air Force back in the mid 80's got me a ticket to watch him race funny cars in Norwalk, Ohio. Being a drag race virgin I didn't have a clue. If you get a chance...google Fast Jack Beckman

This is Jack in his Valvoline car.

th_tobeprocessed449.jpg

Jack text me before the race asking to drop by his pit. This is a guy I work with who is into racing - Sid. Jack treated him like an old friend. He showed us inside the trailer and had us crawling around the car

th_tobeprocessed439.jpg

Well Jack won his first race and just kept on winning....on his 43 birthday no less. Here he takes Sid and I

into the winners circle and hands me the trophy. (note to self... diet heavily and consider hair color treatment)

th_tobeprocessed478-1.jpg

A class act all the way around. My only regret was watching the crew smoke some Ghurkas and not having brought some cigars from Rob.....

Good stuff!

I like all kinds of racing including the drags. The sheer power and acceleration are incredible.

I'm just glad this was not another thread on the type of drag racing subscribed to by a few of our Aussie members :pod:

post-296-1246370737.jpg

Good stuff!

I like all kinds of racing including the drags. The sheer power and acceleration are incredible.

I'm just glad this was not another thread on the type of drag racing subscribed to by a few of our Aussie members :huh:

post-296-1246370737.jpg

Looks like a couple of stick shifts Colt.

:):rotfl:

I don't know why you're laughing so hard - when this pic was originally posted, the two "dragsters" were referred to as Rob and Smithy.

I won't mention the original poster - he'd probably call me a dobber. Again.