Need Help

EricM

Hoping someone can help me.. I purchased some Spanish Cedar to line my humidor and noticed that it's "leaking" sapp. I plan on planning and sanding the wood but of course I want the "leaking" to stop.. Any tips??

Hoping someone can help me.. I purchased some Spanish Cedar to line my humidor and noticed that it's "leaking" sapp. I plan on planning and sanding the wood but of course I want the "leaking" to stop.. Any tips??

Sounds like the wood might be still a bit green. Not sure what to do, I did read awhile ago a suggested treatment but I can't remember what it was. Did you do a search? I am sure one of the wood experts will have a suggestion.

Sounds like the wood might be still a bit green. Not sure what to do, I did read awhile ago a suggested treatment but I can't remember what it was. Did you do a search? I am sure one of the wood experts will have a suggestion.

I did a search on here and googled it but could not find any real solutions..

Maybe leaving the cut pieces outside in the sun and rain for a week would be a solution?????? :):mellow:

Best advice is return it from whence it came. Leaving it outside would be about the worst thing you could do. If you're going to dry it yourself then put it under the house for a year or two. Kiln drying Cederla Odorata takes about 6 months (and that's in Queensland).

Return it to the vendor and tell them you want cabinet grade wood that's properly dried. If you use it as is, it'll always bleed. Rob can attest to this, he's got a fine example in his hallway downstairs.

Best advice is return it from whence it came. Leaving it outside would be about the worst thing you could do. If you're going to dry it yourself then put it under the house for a year or two. Kiln drying Cederla Odorata takes about 6 months (and that's in Queensland).

Return it to the vendor and tell them you want cabinet grade wood that's properly dried. If you use it as is, it'll always bleed. Rob can attest to this, he's got a fine example in his hallway downstairs.

Thanks.. I will do that today!!