Secretos

jeromeroselli

Last night my buddy came over for dinner and was kind enough to bring his own cigars (amazing right?)

Anyway, he had a box of Cohiba Secretos. Something was missing on the box. It had a correct looking

government seal, and a Cohiba Maduro 5 seal in the middle. NO Habanos seal in the upper right.

Now, I've never seen a Maduro 5 box before, but I know that every box that I own has the Habanos seal.

Can anyone confirm that these boxes are missing Habanos seals?

These cigars were purchased from an online vendor.

Thanks,

jeremy

Jerome, I believe (but am not sure) that these come in the cardboard outer box, in which case the Habanos chevron might be there.

Was it this outer box or the dark wood box?

(I'm sure someone will supply the proper info if this is incorrect)

Colt,

It did come in the outer cardboard. All of the stickers were in fact on the cardboard. Sans Habanos chevron.

They looked, smelled, and smoked like the Secretos that I've had before.

I guess I should have outlined that I don't believe them to be counterfeit, but

curious as to why the box wouldn't carry everything but that sticker...

j

Sepp,

I completely get that aspect of it. haha.

It seems to me though that forgetting that sticker would be

as big of a mistake as forgetting a box or factory code.

Unless of course the Maduro 5 sticker in the middle of the box is supposed

to take the Habanos chevron's place.

Sepp,

I completely get that aspect of it. haha.

It seems to me though that forgetting that sticker would be

as big of a mistake as forgetting a box or factory code.

Unless of course the Maduro 5 sticker in the middle of the box is supposed

to take the Habanos chevron's place.

Well, the proof is in the smoking, so it sounds like they are real. The Maduro 5 sticker isn't meant as a substitute for the Habanos sticker. My outer cardboard box (from the most respected source you could think of :cigar: ) has the Maduro 5 sticker front middle as well as the Habanos sticker on the upper right corner.

As for your missing sticker, I'll agree w/ Sepp and paraphrase a line from the movie Chinatown: "Forget it, Jerome... it's Cuba."

Rick

Anything is possible, and as master Colt45 said, it should be on the cardboard outerpackage.

Hell, I got a cab of 50 Choix Supreme years ago from Rob that didn't have a boxcode stamp. Best damn Choix Supremes I ever smoked. Rob picked that cab out special for me :cigar:

Counterfeiters would remember to place the Habanos sticker.

On the other hand... it's something I would expect from HSA.

• 3 weeks later...

If you smoked one and they tasted the goods it would be most likely a better thing they left off a label.

Counterfeiters would try even harder to make the box look legit. One label gone and one sale would be gone.

Pictures would always be great for this part of the forum to see examples of what we shouldn't look for while traveling.

The box code on the Maduro 5's in on the outer cardboard sleeve, as well as the Habano's sticker as well, but the the proof is always in the smoking. Have to love that box though. What beautiful presentation!

I have a box of Maduro 5 Genios that I received direct from a factory store in Cuba last year and we highly disapointned with them.

The cigars smoked great. The box was beautiful. Alas, no habanos sticker in the upper right.

Bottom had the box date. There was the seal, and a maduro 5 seal in the middle.

Very, very odd.

I will post a picture tomorrow.

I have a box of these purchased in Cuba last week.

The outer cardboard box has the habanos sticker across the top right corner. It has the government seal bottom left. It has the cohiba label bottom middle. It has a health warning top left and a clear hologram label with a code number on it bottom right.

The box inside has the health warning again and another clear hologramed sticker bottom right. It also has a gold Cohiba Maduro 5 logo in the top middle of the box. Gold 25 secretos habana cuba logo bottom right and stamp on the underside.

Hope that helps.