Wierd Burn

This was bizzare. HdM Epi 2 (box code unknown, from a sample set of singles) that was dry boxed for nearly two days. Punched it and the draw seemed moderately loose.

Trouble started with the first lighting. Wrapper never burned straight. The cigar would burn for a 3/4 inch or so and go out. After a relight and a second 3/4 inch I realized the ash was not coning up, rather the wrapper seemed to be inflammable and the cigar was burning a crater instead of the cone.

Any ideas what causes this? Ligero used as binder?

The burn you described plagued me for months.

But, I changed my storage conditions and now I have awesome clean burning.

I used to take cigars from my humidors and drybox them for a couple of days. But this still had my cigars burning terribly.

What I did was move my "ready to smoke" cigars to a 100 count desktop humidor and have it humidified at 62 - 63%. The cigars in there have typically been there for 4 weeks or more.

All my other cigars (those being aged) are stored separately at about 68%.

The burn you described plagued me for months.

Thanks Rob. First thing I learned on this site was the value of lower Humidity and dryboxing. Have a very similar set up in that I can keep the display shelf (ready to smokes) of my cabinet at about 61%. The lower shelves run at 63-64% I dry box most smokes to boot. Haven't really had a bad burn in months myself.

That is why this one plauged me. Well, really mostly waisted my time as the cigar never had a chance to deliver. The burn would bury itself in the end and then just snuff the itself out. Just wierd.

Prez I think you hit it, miss hit on the blend makes sense giving it a real fast burn in the center or HSA has asbestos wrappers in trial... lol

Ok, I have gotten rather anal about this. Dissected the remainder. Should this cigar have two binders?

post-3731-1227795982.jpg

Are you sure you haven't got a copy of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Warren you are in rare form this morning!

Sorry about that , most of my friends hope that my form is rare.

I must say you have gone to quite some trouble with this , it's interesting to see it all dissected like that. :o