Montecristo Robusto EL 2006

Well, it's been two years. If you have had a Montecristo Robusto EL 2006 recently, what are your thoughts on how this has evolved. And what potential it still might have.

This smoke seems un-Montecristo-like to me. A little bland. I'm just not sure what to think of this one.

I guess this one has fallen through the cracks. Nobody seems to have an opinion on how it is smoking or developing. I think most of the robustos listed in the Favorite Robusto thread are preferable over this smoke right now.

I guess this one has fallen through the cracks. Nobody seems to have an opinion on how it is smoking or developing. I think most of the robustos listed in the Favorite Robusto thread are preferable over this smoke right now.

I had my most recent one some three weeks ago. Certainly had plenty of chocolate nuances, medium body but still one dimensional and mine was affected by a loose draw (looser than I like). I will try a few more next week to get a better line on where they are. Maybe one for the Video Review :2thumbs:

I bought several 2 years ago and have been smoking one every 6 months or so to check its progression. I agree with the previous reviewers--many chocolate notes and a good enough robusto, though a little one-dimensional, but doesn't seem to belong in the Montecristo line and certainly not good enough for the price. Maybe more age will do the trick.

I actually pulled out one of these today, because of this topic. Unfortunately, I have not found time to smoke it. It is in my pocket right now. I hope to get this one finished before I go to sleep. I will be back with my current impression shortly.

Best Regards,

DC