Storing cigars at 85F

Storing cigars at 85F+ is not a good practice (I know this).

Besides the cigars that I pack around with me – The bulk of my inventory has been kept in a house I lease (and where my son and his girl friend live).

Typically, I may only get by there one or two days a month due to my work.

At these times I tend to their needs (the cigars), visit briefly (kids) and restock my traveling stash.

So anyway – I return after an extended period away (about 6 weeks) to find the house feeling like a frigging oven. :lol:

After the urge to choke my son passed – I asked what was up. :D

I am informed the A/C went out right after my departure for work and he couldn’t reach the landlord to get something done about the problem. :D

Current temperature was 85F but I knew there had been several days into +90F.

After the next wave of homicidal urges subsided – I had the boy pull his pickup around; we loaded up humidors and hauled everything over to my best friend house.

My friend was out of town (I have a key) so I took the liberty to drop the thermostat down a bit (65F) and moved my humidors inside.

Over the next 48 hours I went through the tedious process of examining each cigar and stabilizing my humidors.

Results of inspection:

0 - sign of bugs :thumbsup:

10 - LGC Tainos (‘03) with slight mold

16 - Cigars smoked (excessive but I was sick with worry)

1 - Son still intact (but this Christmas he will score weakly)

Kept the humidors at my friends place two more days and then moved them to my Sweety’s house.

She actually liked the idea because she knows I will spend more time there now…… :lmao:

I have smoked another three boxes since then and all seems well – plan another inspection when I return this week. But feeling pretty good about it all now.

Kept the humidors at my friends place two more days and then moved them to my Sweety’s house.

She actually liked the idea because she knows I will spend more time there now…… :lmao:

A trap for young players is mistakenly greeting the cigars before the girlfriend when visiting. :thumbsup: Make sure that she is the first point of appreciation or you will have a little more to worry about than beetles in your cigars when they are in the house of and angry girlfriend.

A trap for young players is mistakenly greeting the cigars before the girlfriend when visiting. :thumbsup: Make sure that she is the first point of appreciation or you will have a little more to worry about than beetles in your cigars when they are in the house of and angry girlfriend.

Lol. Consider yourself lucky for having such a nice SO.

Great story and thankfully nothing that can't be fixed :lol:

Bottom line is that kids lie. Kids lie more when they are shacked up with their girlfriend. I am sure the issue of Relative Humidity of your cigar collection never crossed his mind. The warmer the Apartment..........the less clothes his girlfriend wears :thumbsup:

The kid shows some promising signs :lmao: