Chicago Get together

Wow Rob, very nice break with the cabbie. The rates to/from O'Hare to the various 'burbs are ludicrous. Hell, I wish I would have been in town - I would have been more than happy to pick you up from the airport and head down to Belicoso. . .

Speaking of which, that lounge looks amazing. I'll definitely have to make it out for the next get together, although it's likely to be a 5 hr drive instead of 30 minutes soon.

Edit: Oh! and the airline "required rest time" . . . I really fail to understand why they don't have crews 'on-call' for this particular situation. The same thing happened to me on a United flight, which cost me a full day in Cancun after we missed the last connecting flight of the day. As much as I don't like extraneous laws, I really wish they'd get some regulations enacted to straighten out the crooked airlines.

» must have been a wonderful time rob!

» would love to get some names added to the pics.

» :-)

First photo is the HCF crew that showed up. Left to right =

Whty (Ryan), Ringmaster (Tim), Rob, mrcoin (Ed), Sparkey_5 (Randy)

• 3 months later...

American Airlines decided that they could not take off from Tampa on time as the two pilots had not had the required amount of rest. Of course they told us this while seated in the plane.....the pilots were seated in the cockpit. I have no idea how American Airlines makes money.

I was only an hour late into Chicago and a quick check into the Airport Hotel and I was looking for a cab. Jumped into the first I could see ad said "Orland Park....how much?"

"Expensive sir...could be $60 could be $100"

"No mate..I mean Orland Park Chicago"

well the Cabbie hopped out of the front seat and came into the back where he pointed out the meter rates on the left hand side of the yellow sign on the back of his seat.

"Meter and a half when going from the airport to outlying suburbs he informed me"

The Cab had seen better days and I was tempted to hop out and find another but I was runing late.

"Lets go"

50 minutes later we were outside Belicoso cigar lounge in Orland Park.

"$107 sir"

I handed him my credit card knowing that there was little chance that the cracked CC machine was working.

"No sir...machine not working. Need cash"

I asked him to come around to the back seat for a minute where I read out the "charter of passengers rights" which included "the payment of fare by credit card"

I offered him $60 cash which he took. Nice to have a win occasionally :-D

Belicoso cigar lounge is as big or bigger than most LCDH. Seriously impressive operation with friendly and knowledgeable staff who treated us exceedingly well.

It was great to catch up with so many of the Chicago crew. Hats off to Sam for driving 5 hours to make the event!!! Much appreciated mate. Also kudos to Alex who was celebrating a birthday and whose wife waited patiently for 6 hours while we smoked cigars and gassbagged :lol:

We had an afternoon of excellent cigars, laughter and catching up. It never ceases to amaze me how such a far flung community can get together and spend time like you have known each other a lifetime. Simply the power of the cigar and its true strength is in bringing people together.

Come 7pm Sunday and I headed off for dinner with Ed and Randy at one of Ed's favourite Italian restaurants. I have to hand it to Ed for arranging a a little closed off area where we could enjoy a cigar :-D

One of the highlights was meeting Ed's wife who is an absolute poppet.

I wish I could have spent more time in Chicago and will do so next time. Thank you one and all for your hospitality and friendship. I won't forget anytime soon

Belicosos

15443 S. 94th Avenue

Orland Park, IL. 60452

708 226-9060

M-Th 9am~9pm

Fri & Sat 9am~10pm

Sun 10am ~ 7pm

image7402.jpg

image7403.jpg

image7404.jpg

image7405.jpg

image7406.jpg