» Yes but not on a level of some of these big boys.If i had the funds i would

» be a player thats for sure i am a sucker for history and cigars of this age

» have just that.

»

» Yes she is light blue eyes to i will show the guys the trunk of my car

» just to see eye to eye with them when she starts dating.LOL

»

» Thanks for the kind words..

YVW. But by spoilers I didn't mean my meager cigar collection, I meant my two little girls. They spoil all my efforts for further vintage cigars LOL. I will not be buying Dunhills for...eh...17 years or so.

Unless I have to pay for grad school too. Ay yi yi.

» Needless to say, I am amazed and more intigued.

»

» If I am out of line I appologise in advance.

» But how do you find 44 y/o cigars intact?

» Were they purchased new and they have been in your hunmi this entire

» time.

» Or are there vendors (not asking you to post) who deal in [antique

» cigars?

» Just so curious how they survived and where do you find these

» unbelieveable cigars.

These were purchased new and stored since original purchase at the Dunhill London store. Not quite sure why these just recently became available. I smoked one of these this past weekend. Excellent cigar, very complex, smooth, and still had legs.

Legs????!!!!! This thing was stout. I recieved mine in a group buy and ended up cost $100USD each. I bought one. LOL Here is my take on the cigar.

The 1964 Don Candido No.502

This cigar has been stored impeccably well and shows no must character or signs of illness due ti it’s age. The wrappers was dry and mature with no sheen but is in perfect shape with no cracks, tears or blemishes. The cigar looks well filled and firm to the squeeze but a little light in the hand. I heard from another guy that smoked one that it burned a little fast.

I cut the little jewel with fear and dread hoping not to damage the wrapper and ruin the experience. I have had many an old cigars get damage at the cut when then wrappers are extremely delicate. The pre-light draw reveals little resistance and is quite open with a taste of seasoned oak boards. I usually like an open draw and this one was on the verge of being to loose. I did expect and got a quick burning cigar and had to make an effort to keep things slow.

SOAMFB!!!! This PC is STRONG and powerful. I was shocked and got my ass kicked on the first puff. I expected a smooth light bodied smoke and got an aggressive Mr. Hyde. Tons of white smoke came with the smallest of efforts with flavors of citrus, black pepper and ultra clean tobacco. The nasal exhale was intense and produced an effect of snorting fine black pepper. The ash was white and gray mottled and held on very well. I did have to correct the burn a time or two because I could not tolerate anything but the most perfect round burn, anal again. There was dry bitter component that showed up after half way but it was not objectionable. Sort of like how a stout or ale compares to a soda pop.

The cigar was expensive and rare and was worth the money for a one time experience.

Score 94.

Don Alfredo Selection No.52 I smoked was full of life to and I was lucky to have the chance to smoke it a nice gift from a person who lets just say works at the biggest Cigar magazine company.

Enjoy them GTS21 there are something special..

Mel and GTS, as you can imagine, it might be a bit difficult for some of us (me anyway) to wrap our

heads around some of these cigars (thanks for all the great pics).

As objectively as possible, if you had smoked these blind and blindfolded, without having any idea

as to their identities, what might your thoughts be?

» So how do you keep a safety deposit box at 67% humidity?!

I just realized I never responded - I apologize; beads baby, beads (65% beads.) And you can store these at home - no need for a safety depo box... Just a location you trust.

Cheers,

DC