Australian Cigar Association . Com

Rob,

Please let as many cigar smokers know as possible, to fill out my survey at www.australiacigarassociation.com so that I can complete the stats we need to battle the cigar laws here in Australia. I am providing the info to all that request it.

Thanks,

Tim Oliver

I commend these Gentlemen for taking a stand and I agree with the proposistion.

Would some one mind telling me what the hell my annual income has to do with anything? I'm not telling my fiancee, I'm sure as hell not telling them!!!

» Would some one mind telling me what the hell my annual income has to do with anything?

IMO this is an attempt to show that cigar smokers are above average income people, for whatever purpose that information may serve.

I also dislike the attempt to show a difference between cigars and cigarettes, as in "cigars are ok, cigarettes are an addiction". While I personally dislike the smell of (most) cigarettes, the same could be true for other people regarding cigars. ETS is ETS, be it from cigars, cigarettes or pipes. It is not harmful, as proven by an approximate 100 studies on the subject. Regularly breathing ETS may increase cancer risk by 1 - 2%. That's less than diesel engines emissions or other "threats" we are exposed to on a daily basis.

Surely cigarette smokers may be asked to refrain from smoking cigarettes in a cigar lounge, just like cigar smokers may be asked to refrain from smoking cigars in a restaurant, but the bottom line is the choice of what's allowed to be smoked in any given establishment must be given to the owner or manager of said establishment and not decided by legislation.

» Yeah, a bit confused as to why the first couple of questions are all do to with income/job/car you drive?

Yep, me too......I stopped reading at this point and clicked off.

I was afraid that they would be asking for my mother's maiden name next..:lookaround: