Italy - Rome - May 17th, IV Habanos Day

Gino, this was a great report! I wish Italy wasn't at the other end of Europe because you really arrange some spectacular events! First class! :ok: And you really have a spectacular luck in the draw. :)

So your team is Inter, huh? That's the swedish participation in your story, since Zlatan "ibracadabra" Ibrahimovic is our leading football star (nooo, not american football but Football!) I watched some of his fantastic goals on YouTube yesterday. Magic!

How was the Bolivar Armonia? Maybe too young to appreciate fully or?

• 3 months later...

• 2 months later...

HABANOS DAY

May 17th 2008

Hotel Boscolo Exedra

Piazza Esedra

TERRACE

h.10,00-18,00

HABANOS LOUNGE

“Men Elegance”

The Suit - SARTORIA CELENTANO, Roma

The Shirt - SARTORIA MARGUTTI, Città di Castello

The Tie – ULTURALE CRAVATTE, Napoli

Accessories – CARTUJANO, Bari

h.11,30-13,00

“L’APERITIVO”

Wine tasting : Verdicchio DOCG delle Cantine Gagliardi.

h.13,00-15,00

“IL BRUNCH”

Cost 45,00 Wine included

h.10-11,30

MONTECRISTO "B" & CHAMPAGNE MUMM

MONTECRISTO “B”, Cepo 42 Lunghezza 135 mm

(dall'Humidor COMPAY 100° Aniversario)

50 people

Abbinamento: Champagne Mumm Crémant e Cuvée Lalou 1998

Cost : 35 euro

h. 12-13,30

MONTECRISTO SUBLIMES Ed. Lim. 2008 & CHATEAU D’YQUEM

SIGARO: MONTECRISTO SUBLIMES, Cepo 54 Lunghezza 164 mm

WORLD FIRST TASTING

50 people

Abbinamento: Chateau d’Yquem 1985

Costo: 35 euro

h.14-15,30

PARTAGAS DOBLES & PORTO VINTAGE

Cepo 50 Lunghezza 155 mm

(dall'Humidor Partagàs 160° Aniversario)

Abbinamento: Porto Fonseca Quinta do Panascal Vintage 1998 e Fonseca Guimaraens Vintage 1987

Costo: 35 euro

16-18,00

PARTAGAS RODOLFOS & WHISKY

SIGARO: PARTAGAS RODOLFOS, Cepo 54 Lunghezza 180 mm

(dall'Humidor Partagàs 160° Aniversario)

Abbinamento: Whisky Glenlivet 18 y.o., Chivas Regal 18 y.o., Longmorn 12 y.o.

My Habanos Day ( by Gino aka Mr.Japan)

Friday evening at the terrace of the restaurant of the BIO PARK ( Roma Zoo) we had a great evening organized by a friend in Rome ( Luigi aka Rocfort ) Fantastic area and liters and liters Billecart base, and couvè 1998 plus a lot of cigars not even on the market yet.It is been fantastic to meet againafter few days La China and Tamara (Partagas) , Alexis (vice gerente LCDH 5^16) that has made me return to Cuba .Great to meet friends from the States, UK and all Italian guys around the peninsula. We where in 50, and this is just a CCA pre-dinner of the IV Habanos day.

What I most liked of the dinner was mozzarella from Campania, beans and pecorino cheese plus the top dish tonnarelli ( a kind of spaghetti, much ticker) with roman pecorino cheese and pepper all fantastic. We have been there until 2,30 am not well but very well.

Saturday the day has begun not perfectly cause a delay of the airplane of my Cuban friend Magali that was coming from London . This has delayed my arrival at Piazza Esedra in Rome, where at the Boscolo Hotels where held all the 4 tastings of super cigars. I decided for the Montecristo Sublimes and for the Dobles of Partagas 160^ anniversary.

The Montecristo Sublimes LE 2008 was guided by our Giuseppe Elefante, Massimo De Giovanni (oldfox) and James Suckling and it was paired with a chateaux d’Yquem 1982. Not the top of the sauternes as production year but I liked it with the honey taste that melded very well with the cigar.

The second tasting to which I have participated is been the Dobles of Partagas. It is been a good cigar for me, not exceptional, but started very mild and had a normal evolution, nothing to go with the real Partagas taste that you can find in the P2/D4. The dobles was paired with three different Portos from Fonseca and only the 1982 was the one I liked .

When I did not attend the tastings (Montecristo “B” and Partagas Rodolfo both guided by Luigi a real Cigar Connesseur , together with Giuseppe the best palates in Italy IMHO) I was going around the area on the top terrace where I could meet a lot of friends and continue to smoke great cigars. I enjoyed a lot the new Cuaba Pyramide LE and the Bolivar Armonia . There where a lot of stands advertising books, lighters, pens, neckties, shirts and guayabera’s etc.etc. Very confortable and very friendly atmosfhere.

I was also very lucky, at the end of the tasting of the Rodolfo, between all the 100 smokers it was picked up a ticket to win the empty humidor. It was myne and woah it’s the second humidor in less than a month. La Surte es con mi!

The evening is been the top event with a gala dinner organized at SPAZIO NOVECENTO in Roma Eur area. A gala for 430 people where the main guest was : Magnum 50 of H.Upmann.

A special thank you to Andrea Vincenzi President of Diadema ( Italian importer) and to Mr.Terres (Vice President of Habanos SA) that permitted to us to have this great event for the fourth time in Italy . I heard that this year also in Russia and Germany there will be held a similar event.

Valerio Cornale was awarded Hombre Habanos and as far for teh Club was awarded the Don Alejandro Cigar Club of Matelica.

Sunday they have re-entered and the week end has been concluded in fantastic way with Ibracadabra! My Italian football team, Internazionale, won the championship with Roma runners up

p.s. I enclose some photos and as always the rest in the photogallery of www.amicigar.it

image6567.jpgimage6568.jpgimage6569.jpg