R&J Short Churchill A/T review gifted from Mr .DC

R&J Short Churchill A/T

Cap ;Very well constructed with Divot

Wrapper:Golden brown ,Oily and small fine veins

Foot cold: Floral with cherry and hints of cedar

1st: Sea salt,sweet tobacco with pepper.Also starting to evolve at almost half point tangy fruit flavor and med flavor from the first lite.

Half:Still sea salt,pepper,cedar with some bitterness also sweet fruit and tobacco flavor all balanced perfectly.This cigar has a extremely long finsh.Med flavor

To the nub:sweet fruit ,sea salt ,cedar,sweet tobacco also some new flavors evolving at the end. There is a metallic flavor noted with nuts and yes peach flavor.This is a great extremely well balanced cigar with a long creamy finish.Med to Full

To me this was far superior cigar to the dress box in construction and blend .I really think the A/T version is a better cigar some say there is no difference but I think they are with some of the high end A/Ts.

The dress box version I liked very much to but after smoking the A/T version this is no question as to the one I like best.

A solid 93/100

Thanks DC for the chance to do this little test.

» To me this was far superior cigar to the dress box in construction and

» blend .I really think the A/T version is a better cigar some say there is

» no difference but I think they are with some of the high end A/Ts.

»

» The dress box version I liked very much to but after smoking the A/T

» version this is no question as to the one I like best.

»

Holy cow . . . I just smoked the dress box version today as well, as part of Peter's experiment, and I ended up in exactly the opposite place--I far preferred the dress box version to the tubo. Wow . . . what a neat hobby this is!

I'm working on re-sizing my pics right now for the review, and will get it posted in the next couple of hours.

Nice review, Jimmy . . . thanks for posting.

Charles

Gday Jimmy,

Nice job on the review. That Sea Salt flavour is so obvious now that someone has pointed it out. I was trying to think of a way of describing it (none of which would have done the cigar any favours).

Personally though, I wouldn't rank the tubos above 85 or the boxed version above 82, but thats just my opinion...maybe in few years it will round out a little.

Again, v. nice job.

Cheers,

Al.

» Personally though, I wouldn't rank the tubos above 85 or the boxed version

» above 82, but thats just my opinion...maybe in few years it will round out

» a little.

»

» Again, v. nice job.

»

» Cheers,

»

» Al.

Thanks for your review.

I haven't had one of these since they first hit the market and have never have tried the dress box.

I was impressed enough to go ahead on a second purchase right away feeling they would turn into a great cigar down the line.

Memory of my samplings had them in 90 range also but don't plan to revisit for a few months yet though your review got me tempted.