The top 3

I was intrigued with MaltPointers post about the best cigar you've ever smoked and it got me to thinking, what would be your top 3 current production choices? For me, it'd be PSD2 (closely beating the PSD4), Monte1 and Siglo II.

What about you guys?

» I was intrigued with MaltPointers post about the best cigar you've ever

» smoked and it got me to thinking, what would be your top 3 current

» production choices? For me, it'd be PSD2 (closely beating the PSD4),

» Monte1 and Siglo II.

»

» What about you guys?

I like the Cohiba robusto, PSD4, and Monte 4.

I like quite a variety of ring sizes and lengths, but I'll make my selections based on my current favored (all cigars selected have been aged for at least 3 years) small, medium, and large ringed CC's:

The Winners:

1) Small Ring -- Ramone Allones Small Club Coronas (42)...

2) Medium Ring -- Bolivar Corona Gigantes (47)...

3) Large Ring -- Partagas Series D #4 (50)...

Runners-Up:

1) Small Ring -- Partagas Shorts (42)...

2) Medium Ring -- H. Upmann Sir Winstons (47)...

3) Large Ring -- Bolivar Royal Coronas (50)...

Top Humidor Winner:

1) Large Ring -- my favorite aged cigar (regardless of size) currently in my humidor come from a box of Partagas Edicion Limitada 2004 Serie D No. 1. I can't explain just how wonderful this cigar is to smoke. It's one of those that you have to experience as words do it little justice. I'm not certain if they all are up to par with this box I purchased, but if they are, there are scores of happy smokers out there who aged this beauty and didn't smoke it before its time...

I mostly purchase Bolivar, Partagas, and Ramone Allones cigars, so I know I miss some very good offerings (the H. Upmann Sir Winstons that made the Runner-Up list was a gift from my brother -- what a great cigar after passing three years in the box). Once in a while I'll buy a box of 'something else', but my tastes always returns to these three (3) and some of their special or limited editions...

I hope this small list gives you some ideas; my favorite brands had some rather good years recently. The 07 smokes (by in large) came off better, IMO, versus the 06 offerings. But then again, I have my favorites and my own (some say) odd tastes. And that certainly limits the cigars I buy & try...good luck

Jack

» what would be your top 3 current production choices?

Assuming you mean cigars that have not been discontinued, and not just '07 production:

Bolivar Coronas Gigantes

H. Upmann Sir Winston

Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No.3

If I think about these things too much I start to do a list which resembles my fly rod inventory.

Not thinking about it....first three to mind that I would grab if the place was on fire today....

Cohiba Robusto

Partagas 898 V

Partagas Serie De Connoisseur No 3