Trinidad Reyes STL FEB 07

mongboy

• 8 months later...

It's been a while since I made a contribution to the board, so enough with my lurking.

The Trini Reyes is a favourite for its' consistency. Hopefully this one would uphold the standard.

image5437.jpg

This one was selected for sacrifice because of a little crack in the foot and dry boxed over night.

image5438.jpg

Clipped the pigtail cap and greeted with a perfect draw. Not too tight, just a little resistance. Pretty much what I get every time with the Reyes.

The prelight flavour was musty.

Fired her up and in the 1st third was greeted with Vanilla and Cedar in the background. Exhaling through the nose was overwhelmingly peppery.

image5439.jpg

The 2nd third settled down a little bit and the smoke became more creamy. Unusually for the Reyes and ugly sideburn developed. Very out of character.

image5440.jpg

The last third saw the return of the Cedar to the forefront. The burn was corrected (with minimal encouragement from the torch) to normal Reyes standards.

One thing that I do love about the Reyes is the lack of bitterness and Ammonia, even in very young cigars, and this one was no exception.

I'll give this one a solid 4.5/6

image5441.jpg

image5442.jpg