I can't get it up

» » 75 degrees isn't bad. 40% humidity is.

» »

» » Put them in a cooler until I get to London in January, I'll help you

» smoke

» » them!

»

» Will do. If you are in Central London at a weekend, I could make a meet at

» JJ Fox if you fancy.

»

» Mel39

Hey Mel, I'll be in London from the 2-6 of January. So, maybe the 5th?

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Humidity, I mean.

I've tried with beads for a week or more now and still can't raise the humidity in my new wine cooler.

Took Colt's advice and absolutely soaked the beads with distilled water.

So much so that I have a drip bowl beneath which now contains distilled water as well. Tried taking some boxes out but that made no difference.

image4382.jpg

Best picture I could take because I couldn't get back far enough. My kitchen is quite small. Shows RH at 37' and that is about the highest I can get. Occasionally spray the boxes and can get the RH up to 40's but that doesn't last long, once the boxes dry out. There is also lots of condensation on the back panel.

I was wondering if the cooler wasn't sealed properly but the temperature stays steady.

Any other ideas out there, pleeease?

Oh yes, and the hygro/thermometer is near enough as I matched it with another digital one.

Mel39

Should've expected the innuendos and double entendres following my attention grabbing header.

Well it is now a typical miserable, wet and cold day in the English capital.

Even more so after meaning to turn my cooler off and turned my PC off instead and lost my original post. So here goes with firstly some answers to members.

I only mist with distilled water so hopefully mould shouldn't be a problem. I check and rotate the boxes regularly.

I can't raise the temp above 64 as that is the wine cooler's highest setting.I was advised by another member to get a cooler with the highest max temp and at 64, that was the highest I could find. Bear in mind this is a wine cooler and at around 64 for red wine is appropriate.

I have put two digi hygro/thermos side by side and they show readings of 63F/44RH and 64/48 individually, so would think they are calibrated correctly within reason. Ambient room temp is around 75.

The cooler is well packed and I have previously tried taken boxes out.

I have tried a mini fan (the Oust ones in the UK are plug-ins, so of no use) that gobbles up batteries and that doesn't make much difference.

So now the cooler is off and I will get back this evening UK time to inform you of the readings. After just a few minutes, readings are increasing but I would guess that the temp will get too high, which was my original problem. I can't really control my apartment's temp as it is communally heated, very small and with only two windows to the outside world on one side while the other side is off a heated corridor. It is a social housing apartment for the elderly with no air con. It is 1 bedroom and the living room/ktchen is combined.

Seems like an impossible situation which I thought would be solved by buying a wine cooler cabinet when my stash outgrew my two smaller "igloo" type Peltier coolers. I may have to go back to those but they are noisy and not built for continual use.

This is the cooler:

image4390.jpg

FEATURES 40 bottle storage,Temperature Control,Temperature Range 7°-18° 2 layer glass door,6 x chrome bottle shelves,1 x chrome bottle rack, Light Switch,Power 220-240v, Stylish Black, 84x50x56cm.

laters,

Mel39