Reliable internet sources??

» I think it would be in bad form to discuss other vendors on this board...

» :no:

»

» Besides, Rob and Lisa are top notch so why would you even want to use

» another vendor...

I could not have said it better myself.

It is simple, Rob wants all your money$ He's a good ole bloke so I give him lots of mine.

You know every time I send money he sends me the nicest gifts.

» Assuming not every body goes to Havana 2-3 times a year (will be a hot spot

» once Fidel moves to Miami or something.....) can we mention some sources to

» try (or avoid) other than our gracious host site.

I believe these 2 rules are straight to the point!

• No mentioning of sources or prices. This can always be done through internal e-mail between members which the forum supports.

• No promotion of cigar brands or cigar retailers you are commercially involved with. “Shilling” i.e. shameless promotion is a one way ticket to oblivion.

Thanks, Rob and Lisa your the best.

:yes:

» » Assuming not every body goes to Havana 2-3 times a year (will be a hot

» spot

» » once Fidel moves to Miami or something.....) can we mention some sources

» to

» » try (or avoid) other than our gracious host site.

»

» I believe these 2 rules are straight to the point!

»

» • No mentioning of sources or prices. This can always be done through

» internal e-mail between members which the forum supports.

»

» • No promotion of cigar brands or cigar retailers you are commercially

» involved with. “Shilling” i.e. shameless promotion is a one way ticket to

» oblivion.

»

» Thanks, Rob and Lisa your the best.

That should pretty much settle and doubt of if we can discuss. As we know there are other sites out there but it is in who you trust. I think we can all agree that Rob, Lisa, and Smithy (including his tribe of women) are a top notch crew who take good care of all of us.

» ;-)

Obviously your post was in VERY POOR form and others have rightly pointed that out. But I will add this-

If this was an HONEST mistake by sincere newbie? Then learn from it. The Cuban cigar community and THIS board specificly, has some of the most knowledable and generous people you will EVER meet. We look out for each other and have NO problem "OUTING" scumbag vendors who prey on the unsuspecting with fakes. If you stick around, READ,LEARN and do your own research, you will find out who NOT to trust. But you must get to know people and become trustworthy YOURSELF.

I dont know how long you have been smoking/buying Cuban cigars?.......but when I started I got burned badly, and I mean BADLY screwed over by a POS who ripped me off with couterfiets. I had to do a TON reasearch before I ever found great a source like Rob & Lisa. I dont wish that on ANYONE, but because of that, I am extremely appreciative and grateful for a place like this.

It appears to me that you have NO CLUE just how luckly you are by being HERE. Somehow someway, you have discovered one of the ABSOLUTE BEST vendors you will ever find. Most people dont get so lucky early on. So I suggest you take stock in your good fortune, be grateful for what you have here and look NO FURTHER for a quality vendor!

The ball is YOUR court now my friend. We shall see what you do with it?........ Good luck......bill

Cobra.

There are probably three sources I would recommend (other than ourselves :lol:)

In many instances other excellent sources have stock and specials at a particular time which are worthwhile pursuing. It is not our intention to run the forum as a method of monopolising sales. The forum is a way for us to build a Habanos community which in time (actually it has already started) provides a mirror to decision makers (Habanos s.a/PCC and others) of what the punters (people who part with their own hard earned money) think.

Now posting other vendors names on an open board is poor form. I know they would not appreciate it as I know most of them personally.

Use the internal e-mail system to reach out and ask these type of questions to people you know and have developed relationships with.

Very well said by Hawaiibill. I just wanted to state that I posted not to run cobra off of this board (as other boards would have fried him), but to stress how good Rob and gang are and how great of a source they are. Hope you stay around and continue to discuss the various topics with us.

I'm sorry, it really was just a error on my part (I never saw site guidelines/rules), I was just throwing out a line, as several sources of a good thing would be valuable information. I truly am looking for someone that I can trust. There are so many people willing to take advantage of a market made up of cigar smokers willing to buy a well made forged product. I am very new to the forum and must say the fervor that my quest prompted as well as the well educated banter of the members in itself very reassuring. If your site has that many loyal participants I think I can count on you and your product. I didn't want to offend, as you (Rob) had graciously responded to my very first question in a very timely manner personally. I may have avoided the question in the first place if I had already had your cigars in hand, but due to some glitch am unable to checkout my purchase request (I can only log in to the forum). I as a rule I don't like to offend anyone and certainly being in "bad form" isn't my style. I hope all the readers/members understand, I have already learned much, Sincerely, D Schlegel (newbie).

PS I may have to find a new alias, perhaps cobra sounds to threatening !

» I may have avoided the question in the first place if I had

» already had your cigars in hand, but due to some glitch am unable to

» checkout my purchase request (I can only log in to the forum).

Cobra, shopping cart registration is separate from forum registration.

Well said cobra. We were ALL newbies at first and mistakes happen. It is how someone RESPONDS to those mistakes that makes all the difference in the world. Like gehrig24 my intent was NOT run you off (unless your motives were not sincere), but simply to educate.

Once you spend some time reading, you will see that Cuban cigar forums are a magnet for people who come ONLY to cause trouble (trolls) or people seeking legit vendors to buy from. There is nothing wrong with that desire in itself, but HOW one goes about it, is where problems arise. It is well know that 90% of the Cuban cigars that come into the US are couterfiets. Therefore trustworthy vendors are highly valued and the patrons very protective (as you have seen!......LOL....)

Your post seems sincere and honest. You will find that those qualities are just as important and valued online as they are in person. If you stick with it and get to know people you will find a truly amazing and wonderful community. In that spirit, I welcome you and wish you all the best.........bill

PS-keep the "cobra" alias!

Cobra…

There’s a quaint little place in Fortitude Valley, Brissy, AU… if you pop in there… the host/hostess are most gracious… even to serving up one of the finest cups of coffee I’ve ever had… mmmm… coffee and Habanos, you walk away most sated!

Have sat and chatted makes me ever so comfortable with the proprietors.

Do a web search… I’m sure you’ll find it!(Hurry, before they move!)

:ok:

well maybe the flame came out to earlyon this one but as with every board I've posted to this question is always asked and it always causes problems. Maybe sometimes its better to keep quiet including myself.

I'm just very grateful to Rob and Lisa.:-)

well said bill, as usual.

i learned from many good friends, including bill, that goog things come to those who position themselves in good places and have a little patience. as with other things, friends share with other friends.

still, you really should feel fortunate you made it to rob. if you find a good girl, wine and dine her awhile. don't feel like you have to build your black book for when its gone.