Partagas Chicos

One of the questions I see asked with great frequency on various cigar boards is, "What Cuban cigar do you recommend for those occasions when you don't have much time to enjoy a cigar?"

The question always generates recommendations from the Perla and Minuto vitolas with the odd Reyes thrown in. For me, although to my taste there are no bad cigars among these, this is the wrong answer. It almost always takes me 35 to 45 minutes to fully enjoy even an El Principe.

So what I recommend for a 15 to 30 minute (depending on how you smoke) blast of Cuban tobacco flavor is the Pargagas Chico. These little machine made guys are just 29 x 4 1/8 -- little bigger than a cigarette. They give out tons of fairly strong, straight-forward Cuban tobacco flavor. They aren't nuanced or complex, but have a wonderful lingering finish and never disappoint, in my experience.

Not only to they taste great, leaving you wanting more, the price is right for those of limited means.

• Like 1

I'm with you Van. I enjoy an occasional mini, Entreacto, Laguito No.3, Carolina, and other small vitolas, and the Chicos fit the bill nicely when time is short.

I always carry some "peso cigars" for this moments. El Credito, Selectos, Reloba, el Cacique, etc. They are very cheap, cuban and they somehow give you a taste uf cuban tobacco, allowing me to not feel guilty when I throw them away after a few puffs.

Funny you would post that now. I just bought a box of Chicos the other day and really was surprised of the "grown up" and mature taste they deliver. Very nice for a little stick! And they keep me from breaking my Bolivar Chicos box. :-P

hello guys,

i am sorry but i have to disagree. I do not like the Chicos. Something about them just does not match with my taste buds. I prefer to skip the quickies and retainto smoking only when i have a longer time to spend. Anyway, i am glad you enjoy them...

Miker

Van, I use to be a quickie fanatic and the Chicos was a go to cigar for those moments. Then I hat some plugged boxes and fell out of love (I am fickle :lol: )

I miss the old Ramon Allones Bits of Havana. I thought they were the pick of this size.

Today I gravitate towards the Hoyo Du Monterrey Le Hoyo Du Maire. Hand rolled and exquisite small cigar.