Well not really a fake but

Mel39

As a newbie to cigars, I searched the net for good deals and came across R&Js, which I have tried and liked, from a US site.

I was very naive and oh so stupid.

I also didn't read the description properly which stated:

A modern re-creation of the original Cuban brand. This cigar's beautiful Indonesian TBN wrapper surrounds a classic Dominican binder and filler. It burns with a characteristic white ash, providing a smooth, mellow taste with medium body. This cigar is for the experienced smoker who will find his or her ideal fit from among the various sizes and shapes

They were absolute crap, if that isn't a forbidden word here. They were foul and nearly put me off cigars for life before I had even started smoking them.

As previously stated, I am new to cigars and wondered how you experts manage to describe the different tastes. All I can say is that I have had lesson #1 and will attempt to give a review of these rip-offs:

They didn't draw easily, they burned unevenly often straight down the middle, some wrappers came undone, they smelled and tasted like mouldy earth.

How is it possible for the USA to make such filth, using a well know and respected name?

Mel the 39 one!

Oops forgot to say received my first order of Diplomaticos (not Domesticos) from the lovely Lisa today. Terrific speed, packing etc and a very imaginative description ;-) of the goods.

» How is it possible for the USA to make such filth, using a well know and

» respected name?

»

The NC RyJ are made by Altadis - who have a large stake in Habanos s.a., who

produce the Cuban RyJ - which as of late, have not been garnering much favor by

some members of this board.