Temp-Controlled Travel Humidor?

Colt's post on the Lamborghini Pitstop Travel Humidor reminded me I wanted to ask you guys something...

Does anyone out there make a Temp-Controlled Travel Humidor?

I already have a Cigar Caddy with a passive humidifier, but what good is this on those long car drives or plane rides if temps exceed my preferred 65 degrees? My Cubans are too precious to me I guess.

Thanks, gang.

This won't really answer your question - I've read of some auto manufacturers that

have built humidors and / or coolers into cars, but I've never heard of a temp

controlled traveler.

I also use airtight caddies, and even though I never wet the humidifier, I've found

that on trips during hot weather, or to hot / humid destinations, the cigars end up

over-humidified. This has happened to me on a number of occasions. I'm going to drill

holes in a tube and fill it with dry beads or litter for caddie use from now on.

I always thought that putting cigars humidified at let's say, 65%, in an airtight

container would keep the interior at the same humidity. But my own personal

experience is that adding warm or hot temps creates a sauna-like environment.

I have not seen one yet. You have basically 3 issues. The capacity, size and power to run the cooling. All 3 affect each other. As an alternative, you may want to buy temp controlled coolers that you can plug into a cigarette lighters but they are not that pretty and if you need to take it away from the car, you'll need to lug a car battery and an inverter with you or some sort of AC power to DC converter.