Bolivar Petite Corona SUF DIC 05

» Bolivar Petite Corona. Dollar for dollar, consistently the best PC on the

» market.

»

I'd have to agree. For me they've been so consistently good they're almost mundane.

(meant in the best possible way). I'd put the Montecristo No.4 in the same category.

Is there a better cigar to turn someone who smokes "Domestics" on to the beauty of a fine Habano? I don't think so.

I vividly recall the first one gifted to me and I sat there for 45 minutes or so saying---whatever I have to do to get more of these--I'm going to do it! LOL

Nice review Pres!

• 1 year later...

I have been on a good run with cigars of late. The SLR Regio put me in a great frame of mind for the week and so yesterday afternoon I fired up a great looking little Bolivar Petite Corona from DIC 05 from a dress box of 25. Box pressed, oily wrapper, open foot, nicely bunched and smells of a hen house in summer.

image2517.jpg

image2518.jpg

image2519.jpg

Clipped the foot, perfect draw with a taste on the lips of clean toasted tobacco. Nice :-)

Torched the foot, pepper spice and burn't BBQ but found its rythm quickly. Medium full body, sweet paprika, leather and a core of mazapan nougat cookies that my Auntie gives me for breakfast with my coffee when I visit Spain.

image2520.jpg

Building in strength through the mid section. Still balanced as dark coffee is introduced to the flavour mix. Burn't sugar notes. White pepper still through the nose. Bready/doughy mid palate. Ball tearer.

image2521.jpg

Built in strength right to the very end. It was only the last inch that I found it to be out of whack/ out of balance where bitterness took hold and wouldn't let go. I would age these cigars in a heartbeat.

Bolivar Petite Corona. Dollar for dollar, consistently the best PC on the market.

88/100 4/6 Smokerings