Upcoming Wedding

My eldest daughter's wedding is in early November and I have been asked to please select a few boxes of cigars for those at the reception who want to celebrate the day with a cigar. I vividly remember some horrific scenes at other weddings I have attended where some folks just "jump at the chance" to try a Cuban cigar -light it and take a few puffs and then the cigar is either extinguished in a glass of ice or is just left to go out in an ashtray.

So I am respectfully asking for your guidance as to what cigars to offer to these very occasional smokers who are probably just looking to sample a Habana stick and will in all probability not even get through a half of the cigar (if that much). I am in no way looking for a "throw away" bad cigar - I would like to offer our guests a well made and tasty cigar...but one which will not set me into tears when I see it extinguished in the manner described above.

I have asked this question at another location and some folks came back that a nice and relatively well priced tubo would seem to be ideal. The suggestion was for an Upmann Coronas Major or the RyJ Deluxe No 1 or 2 or 3....... I am not familiar with any of these 4 sticks personally - but seem to remember a very lukewarm sentiment by someone re the RyJs....

I personally do like the Upmann No 2 and Monar.- but am not acquainted with the Cor Major ---I see it is usually a machine made - but sometimes available as Totalmente a mano....... Anyone have any readings on these for my pruposes? or anyone have any other suggestions for my quandry?

BTW - For the more experienced smokers - I have selected to offer the RyJ Churchill in A/T and the Monte No 2.

I would go with either the Upmann Coronas Major or Partagas De Luxe Tubos, or maybe even Quintero Brevas (really cheap and not bad IMO). It's my understanding that some of the Upmann CMs are MM and some are hand finished while the Partagas De Luxe are MM and come in a nice gold tube. The Quinteros come wrapped in foil in a cardboard box and are rather tasty for a MM. Another decent choice might be the Monte Petit Tubos or one of the inexpensive RyJ or Bolivar tubos.....or maybe even the Dip #4.

My 2 favorite MMs are the Partagas De Luxe and the Brevas with the Upmann CM also quite good.

Doc. I feel your pain. Many a time have I gave out cigars, just to see the drunk f*ckers put them out after 10 minutes. Never again. I am not cheap by far, but I do value my hard earned dough. Dont get it wrong, I love all my friends and enjoy being around them, but when it comes to cuban cigars, those that have the rep of a 2 puff chump, Id go with a nice mm.:ok:

I have settled on the H. Upmann Coronas Majors as the handouts for those attending the wedding but who may be new to Habana product.

I feel this is a win/win for me --I am giving out a stick that I need offer no apologies for and at the price point for these - seeing some dope do the "puff puff - put it out" routine with one of my Habanas will not bring me to eother tears or uncontrollable rage...

Thanks to all who posted and pm'd me with their suggestions !!!

» The upmann's will be a good choice Roman. The romeo's in tubes are nice as

» well, you couldint go wrong with either honestly.

I would add...again...the Monte 4. It is inexpensive and EVERYONE knows the Montecristo brand.

» The upmann's will be a good choice Roman. The romeo's in tubes are nice as

» well, you couldint go wrong with either honestly.

I'll add...again...the Monte 4.

EVERYONE knows the brand and they're relatively inexpensive.

Guest crossbow

» I have settled on the H. Upmann Coronas Majors as the handouts for those

» attending the wedding but who may be new to Habana product.

»

» I feel this is a win/win for me --I am giving out a stick that I need

» offer no apologies for and at the price point for these - seeing some

» dope do the "puff puff - put it out" routine with one of my Habanas will

» not bring me to eother tears or uncontrollable rage...

»

» Thanks to all who posted and pm'd me with their suggestions !!!

Agree on the H. Upmann corona majors plus as somebody mentioned the tubos can be another memento for the occasion.