The pro\'s and con\'s of a private forum?

I would like to respectfully raise the idea of perhaps varying FOH into a private cigar forum that can only be seen by forum members.

The advantages as I see it is one of comfort in posting particulary to members who are north of Havana ;-)

I hope I am not being out of place but I would like to here the opinions of others which in turn I am sure would be of interest to El Prez.

I really don't see anything to gain. Currently to join, you need a user name and valid email address. Anyone could join and read the forum.

If you needed more complete personal information simply to join the forum, some might be scared off, and people who might join the site to monitor the goings on

could still do so.

The bottom line is that those who live in the US know the "risks", and need to take responsibility for themselves. Someone afraid of getting bit by sharks, should stay out of the water.

Snake,

Being Aussies pretty much means we have an ingrained sense of hate towards authority, regulation and "private" clubs.

By putting up barriers to view and making it more exclusive is akin to throwing in the towel and having to run behing the toilet block for a cig when you were 12.

Cigars and life and laughter and camaraderie are all part of what we are about.

Welcome to those who want to join us and partake in relative annonymity. Bugger off to the rest.

Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees .....as someone once said.

No offense meant ;-)