What is the flavor difference between

the upmann Sir Winston and the Upmann Monarchs.

Both Churchills but I can only afford one. Were the "Tang" Monarchs similar to the standard Monarchs.

I would enjoy seeing a comparison of the three from the venerable members here.

Thank you for the continued education :-)

I've only tried the Sir Winston. I found it to smoulder along slowly with a slightly tight draw and farely even smooth flavour throughout. But with not much complexity. I found it a little boring to be honest. I think the upmann 2 torp has loads more kick and complexity of flavours with a hint of peppery cedar and a better draw. But then that's like comparing apples and oranges comparing churchills and torps. I reckon the Sir Winston is the kind of cigar you'd like to like simply because of it's name and mystique. But I don't think it delivers. I'd try the Monarchs.

the tang monarchs are #1...so much better then the regular production i found...milder and sweeter..

i'd grab the sir winstons next over the monarchs being the tangs are hard to find nowdays...i do have some monarchs from 00 waiting for me in a few more yr.s im hoping they blosom..but who knows ?

too smoke now i'd grab the sir winstons ...jmo.

Monarchs are fuller than the Winstons.

The Winstons to me taste like shortbread. Refined, classy but sometimes lacking any charachter. Think of the Royal Family :-D

The Monarchs like a good unsweetened cold milk coffee. Some edges and grew up on the other side of the tracks to Winston but has an earthiness and charachter which is compelling.

The Tang Monarchs like a coffee scroll biscuit with cream filling. More complex than the standard Monarchs and just a touch less full.

If you can still purchase a box of Tang Monarchs then do so :-)