Need a BBQ Ribs Recipe.

» Would like to try some homemade version on Sunday. Do any of you have a

» killer recipe?

Heres the one I use and its fanf*ckingtastic. I know you know this, but Ill say it anyway...patience is the key. Low, slow heat = fall off da bone goodness. Here goes:

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 teaspoons Lawry's seasoning salt

1 tablespoon ground black pepper

1 rack baby back ribs, skinned

1 cup apple juice

1/2 cup favorite BBQ sauce, or more to your liking

1/8 cup honey

In a bowl, mix brown sugar, seasoning salt, and pepper together. Rub brown sugar mixture on ribs(Keep it PG here Rob, dont get carried away;-)) , coating the entire rib, and place in a large pan with plastic wrap over top of it. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours...Overnight if you have time; which we all know you do:-D

(Here, if you dont have a smoker, indirect heat on the grill will do)

Get the smoker ready, using charcoal; heat to 225 to 250 degrees F. When the coals have burned to ash, add wood chips, preferably apple wood chips. Place ribs in smoker and cook for 3 hours at 225 to 250 degrees F. Using a spray bottle(the one you use to spray product in your hair wont do. Get a NEW one) , spray ribs with apple juice every 45 minutes. After 3 hours, remove ribs from smoker (not quite done.calm down. relax and shmoke another Cohiba), wrap in aluminum foil, and return to the smoker to cook for 2 more hours.

After 2 more hours, open foil and brush your favorite BBQ sauce and honey over the ribs. Leave foil open and then cook for 30 more minutes. Remove ribs from smoker. Drizzle a little more honey over top and serve....by the way, what'll you feed the wife and kids??

here is my competition recipe (well, not really but close from what i remember) - this is a pure tennessee smoking competition recipe -

start by coating your ribs in yellow mustard (yes, yellow mustard. trust me - your ribs will not taste like yellow mustard in the end - the mustard is a tenderizing and spicing agent). apply your rub generously onto the mustard. here is a basic rub recipe:

1 cup brown sugar, dark

1/2 cup paprika

2 tablespoon salt

1 tablespoon black pepper

1 tablespoon white pepper

1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon onion powder

put the ribs into the smoker. if you don't have a smoker, still try to use INDIRECT heat for the most tender, flavorful SLOW & LOW cooking - temperature at 225-250 degrees. about 1-2 hours in, check to see if the ribs are doing well. if they are, take them out. place them in aluminum foil. pour a good shot of apple juice into the pouch with the ribs (but NOT on the ribs). if you want a sweeter rib, brush honey on the ribs. if you want a sweeter and spicer rib, brush honey mixed with cayenne pepper on the ribs. loosely seal up the aluminum foil and put back in the smoker. ribs are done when they have the bone moves loosely in the meat.

this produces a dry rib. if you want sauced ribs, unwrap the ribs and mop on your sauce. return to the smoker for 15-30 minutes to let the sauce firm up.

» CIGARHead

»

» Tried your Rib recipe Saturday evening MAGNIFICENT!

» A touch sweet for my taste but easily remedied.

»

» Harwellplant....yours next Saturday!

El Prez,

Glad you enjoyed it. How did the ribs fair with the others?

I meant to put a disclamer at the end of the recipe about the sweetness.....can be a bit sweet, but I figured you're a dessert man and after SLAVING over the ribs all day, why not kill two birds with one stone?:-D

my secret too ribs is too soak in vinigar over night...it makes them fall off the bone..tenderizes..

my sauce is simple...

brown sugar.

kethcup

mustard

mixed to taste ...the kethcup being the main ingriedient...

of course one can add other stuff..

paprika

salt

pepper

some more viniger..

some beer..

bake partialy then bar b que the rest of the way !