November 2006 Blind Tasting Reviews

Van55

I'm sorry about the delay. I had a cold last weeks. But saturday night i was ready for this blind testing:a balloon glass with brandy solera gran reserva , a little chocolate , Real Madrid playing football in TV and an unknow cigar.

image2171.jpg

image2172.jpg

In the beginning it have a good tabaco smell . Better after 1 month in the humidor than when i received it.

Firts puffs aren´t beautiful. After a few minutes i detected cedar taste and some chocolate, but no constantly.

image2173.jpg

image2174.jpg

image2175.jpg

image2176.jpg

image2177.jpg

oops, first ash out of ashtray. Always the same for me.

image2178.jpg

Cigar and notes. Not much to say. Unidimensional.

image2179.jpg

image2180.jpg

image2181.jpg

Second ash (and the last one) out of ashtray again.

image2182.jpg

the cigar don't develop. Let's go to change the drink ( cardhu single malt) but nothing happens in my taste with his cigar.

image2183.jpg

after 2 hours smoking i only can say that this not an interesting cigar. Usually in this moment and with a good habano i fell an explosion of good tastes. But it not happens with this. Sometimes i thought this isn't an habano.

image2184.jpg

the end.

image2185.jpg

desconstructed. Not very good appearance.

in summary: bored and not pleasant cigar. I can't guess the name (vitola) of this cigar.

A lot of thanks for this opportunity , and sorry for my english

Big thanks to El Prez for the opportunity.

A noob's review for the blind tasting:-

Vitola: Julieta No. 2

Size: 7" x 47

Appearance - light to medium wrapper with soft veins. Cigar feels tight through out with the filler skew to one side. Double cap.

Smell (cold) - nothing particularly distinct besides for light cocoa around the foot of the cigar.

Cap clipped off effortless. Cigar took a bit of effort to light up most due to the challenging draw. First half of the cigar was one dimensional - herbaceous. Light to medium bodied with gentle and soft smoke.

Second half of the cigar shows a little more promise. Hints of soft leather and mild cocoa, draw improved. I enjoyed this half a lot more. The cigar lasted for about 1 1/2 hours.

I don't smoke enough of this format to tell which cigar it is.

3.5 Kiwis out of 5.

image2249.jpg

image2250.jpg

image2251.jpg

image2252.jpg

mef