Sancho Panza Non-Plus (JMZ DIC03)

My wife and I went away this past weekend. I smoked this little mareva before dinner on Friday night. Here are my thoughts...

Sancho Panza Non-Plus (JMZ DIC03)

This cigar had a nice medium-brown wrapper. It has a soft, pleasent feel in the fingers. The seams were very tight and the triple cap was neat and precise. There were no appreciable veins. The pre-light nose was very mile and woody, with just a hint of toasty notes. The pre-light draw was firm, but not overly so.

Interesting Note: This cigar showed some nice bloom/plume on the wrapper (yes, it was crystalline). I think these particular cigars went through some significant storage condition swings, causing the oils to be drawn out and condense. I believe this just based on their relative young age and the fact that they do not taste as if they have been aged especially well. These are from a vendor that I no longer use.

The cigar leapt to life and the draw proved to be firm, but manageable. Smoke production was adequate. The cigar burned dead even all the way to the nub. The ash was a very light gray, tightly striated, and firm. The smoke was cool down to the end. This was one of the few out of this box that did not have serious construction issues.

Initial tastes were woody and leathery. There was a bit of straight-forward tobacco on the palate as well. As I continued, I encountered the "Sanch Panza" saltiness that I characterize with this Marque. The woody/leathery/salty flavors intermingled to create a pleasant taste in the mouth. I never encountered the "toastiness" that I often find with the belicosos. Could be due to young age or poor storage...not sure which. A very pleasant cigar.

Best out of this box so far. I rate this cigar a B+ (88-89).

Nice work mate.

I have had some great examples and some poor examples of this cigar. At their best the "toasty/yeasty/bready" charachter is spliced with leather, dampn earth and a sprinkling of salt.

Poor storage can rob a cigar of essential oils forever.