Cigar holder problem

I have a personal cigar holder which holds anything from 3 torps to 3 DC's made of a hard kevlar blend of plastic. It works a treat in protecting the stogies. Unfortunately it passes on a plastic smell to the cigars which lasts until about the second puff. Anyone experienced this before or got any solutions to get rid of the smell in the holder?

Bill....Cigars need a real home ie leather or timber. It is simply the way it is ;-)

You may be able to line the internal of your PVC with Spanish Cedar (I can send you cigar box inserts if it helps) but I would just purchase a good quality Leather case.

Check out cigarsolutions! They have some of the best humidors and carrying cases and trays!!! They make foam inserts for large caddies and they just came out with a version that has wood on the bottom and leather handles - they are SWEEETTT!!!

Thanks Pres. Until I get a leather one, looks like I'll have to stick to cartons, tubes - but you can never get em big enough, or like in the old days - cut up and stuck together cardboard tubes from toilet rolls. Although the smell can also be questionable at times. :-)

• 3 years later...