Romeo y Julieta Hermoso No 1 Edicion Limitada Review

I have never really been enamoured with any R&J LE release. Always found them on the bitter side of burn't. You know....like when you leave something on the stove way too long.

I did something yesterday I don't normally do and reached for a Romeo y Julieta Hermoso No 1 (Edicion Limitada 2003). I am always relieved to find a cigar has been rolled perfectly and this one certainly was. Nice weight in the hand, dark rich sandpapery wrapper. Sweet smell at cold.

This is a large format cigar 6 1/8" x 48 (157 x 19.05). I was expecting a good 90 minutes out of it but surprisingly polished it off in an hour.

Light to Medium bodied, Cubita Espresso Coffee mixed with sugar dominated. No real build up in strength or bitterness at any time. Possibly could be accused of being one dimensional. It did have character....a certain class....but I certainly felt that someone had skimped on the Ligero and with a little more Ligero this would be a cracker of a cigar.

The back end of the cigar produced a little more oomph while maintaining that R&J profile. Certainly a classier cigar than the 05 Exhibicion No 4 enjoyed earlier.

If you have the boxes, smoke them. You will enjoy them now and I question their long term potential.

» I may have to give mine a try. I find it hard to believe that a Habano EL

» would have limited aging value. X:-|

I liken the experience to the HDM Pirimide EL which I adore. I personally feel (and it is only my opinion) that they were better (more flavoursome) 18 months ago.

Time will tell