Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion Number 4 (OCT 05 )

Enjoyed this yesterday afternoon with a rum and coke. Ironically, I was working on the final proposal on thin gauge cigars to submit next week:lol:

The first thing I noticed was the immaculate construction. This could have been a Padron or Fuente. Firm to the touch but light to the feel...perfection. Colorado wrapper with a little oily sheen...pretty. Nice sweet spice and tobacco smell at cold.

Pinched the end and the draw was ....as is becoming typical of 05..a touch on the easy side. Again...it could have been a Padron or a Fuente.

Torched it gently with the Blazer and let the first few mm burn away while I played with my notes (...the report for those thinking of something else).

Touched up the burn and took my first deep draw....mild to mid body, sweet black cherry edge...milk coffee...almost a classic exhibicion No 4. I say almost because it was lighter in body than I had expected. Although this aspect picked up through the mid point, this was a default effect not due to blending.

The flavour profile never really drifted from the opening rally. I was left thinking that if San Cristobal made a Robusto.....then this would be it.

The cigar was an enjoyable 88 experience. However after many of the great 06...I hungered for more mongrel from the Exhibicion No 4...more grunt...more personality.

I am going to locate an 06 Exhibicion No 4 today and compare.

Thanks Rob. I had one 2 nights ago from 04. The draw was much too firm, but the flavors were starting to come together. More leather and earth, but a bit of fruit tartness and cream. It didn't inspire me to rush out and buy a box, but was good.