R&J Belicoso : July Blind Taste Test Review.

"The Belicosa"

When 1st opened envelope I thought maybe a RYJ.

Went to the golf course 1 hour early this morning to smoke this cigar.

A great medium brown wrapper, not very veiny. I wouldn't say "oily" persay as an EL sheen.

Cut it with Xiar and tasted the prelight flavors. Reminded me of the Sancho Panza. As lighting it , I could already taste a sweetness flavor.

Not by all a full body cigar, but I would say more of a medium.

I had it in my head when I lit it and for the 1srt 3rd of the burn that it had to be ryj. But ,till the last half , I would half to change and say SP Beli.

Sancho Panzas' have a "salty" flavor to them. Almost a sort of nutrisweet tangyness. No spice was recognized till maybe about the last quarter of the cigar. The flavors, though, were enough to make your mouth water while trying to decifer flavor profiles.

A sort of earthy leather combined taste as almost as if it were roasted.

Perfect burn, and lasted for approximately 40 minutes, till it burned my finger tips( I usually nub every cigar)

It is hard for me to rate this with a score for out of thousands of cuban cigars , I have never smoked 1 that I didnt like besides a mellow Q'dorsey.

This IMO is a great starting cigar for any day, but with being a mellow cigar, I would not smoke it towards the end for I would be afraid that I wouldnt really taste it.

So there is my very 1st review ( if you can call it that) of a cigar. Usually I tell friends that its just very tangy with that Cuban twang.

I would like to thank the responsible parties involved for the enjoyment you gave me on this beatiful Sunday morning, and the opertunity to share it with all.

I am looking forward to this again. I cant wait to see how the others fell about this cigar also.

THANKYOU

image111.gif