The Glory of Cuba

Just had my 1st LGC Taino and woo-doggy was it a pleasure. From the beginning to about 2-or-so inches left it was pure class. Creamy sweet flavor. Very light. Very very light. I could sit there and just let the smoke come off the tip and right into my olfactory receptor system. Try that with a Boli CE!

I loved the sweet shortbread maple syrup flavor. It had no cinnamon flavor either (which I hate in a cigar). Are all LGC's this good? How about the Med#1? I have heard they are like a milder version of the SdC#1 (which I also love).

At the end the cigar did sort of lose itself. It seemed to get a little harsh and brazen. Confused perhaps. Maybe it was angry at my poker play. I smoked this completely sober with just a glass of water. People who smoke cigarettes and can't smell **** to begin with were exclaiming how good it smelled. Like honey toast one girl said. Maybe she should start writing reviews!

Your experience on the Tainos is spot on....even down to the ragged finish. Yours I assume were from 2000. I am hoping that they lose this poor finish over the coming year or so. The first half to 2/3 are the most distinctive flavour profile of any Habanos...in my humble opinion.

I thoroughly enjoy the LGC Medaille D'or No 1 but it is very much in the citrus flavour profile. Completely different to the Taino.

I discovered these on an ordering lark, but boy...I was so glad I did! Slight citrus and the maple shortbread thing you described are what I got, too. I love these cigars, but have had some problem with the '00s being plugged. I'm fixing to crack a 10er of 01s just to see where they are in the scheme of things.

Thanks for the great review!