smoking with the baptist sommelier

I am salivating :-P

Drop me some details as we want to go fishing in Chile before the Habanos festival in 2007. Ken is doing the investigation which generally means it will go nowhere.

Baptist sommelier !!!!!

This is someone who tastes the communion wine before the church congregation on sunday mornings to see that it is up to standard. What a great idea............:-)

" A cheeky little red, with great body and lasting tannins, something our lord would approve of "

• 2 years later...

Spent my weekend in a fishing lodge located in the Chilean rain forest with some TV executives. We arrange a few activities there for them consisting mainly in eating and wine tasting with the Baptist sommelier (weirdest thing on earth, a sommelier who doesn’t drink)

After almost 2 weeks of rain we had 3 days of pure sun and nothing else but the views of the Ades and volcanoes with snow to their feet.

All that to say how much better I enjoy cigars when smoking outside, riding horses, having a good espresso and enjoying the view.

‘03 La China Robusto, ’01 Party Short, ’02 Monte N°2, ’05 Trini Reyes, ’98 Cohiba Robusto, was what kept me alive.

All very enjoyable except for the reyes which to me need a year.

:-Pimage1169.jpgimage1172.jpg

...and lots of rivers and creeks run through it...;-)