Need advice on new Salt Water Fly Reel

Need advice on new Salt Water Fly Reel.....or for IRS / Tax purposes..."Cylindrical Dispenser Unit " ;-)

7-9 weight reel. Saltwater. Good Drag. Minimum fuss.

Having spent time at ORVIS in NY I know that what is available to you is mindboggling to what is availble here so I will order it in.

Any recommendations?

» You might want to ask Ken Gargett as he is the current fishing expert here

» at FOH................................ or so I'm led to believe;-)

.....and chick magnet ;-)

I don't do any saltwater fishing on fly, but I have an LL Bean for my freshwater trout rod. I love it and it carries a lifetime warranty (even against stupid stuff like slamming the car door on the rod tip).

Customer service is top notch.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...ngId=-1&feat=ln

May not be on the level with an Orvis outfit, but I've been very happy.

Going to the Bahamas for bonefish in three days and taking an 8 and 10 wgts. Look at a Lampson Litespeed and a Ross. Salt reels are not the same as fresh water for several reasons. Drag, capacity and corrosion resistance are big factors.

OK now this is a question I can answer.

Best Value Saltwater Reel: Ross Canyon Big Game

Best Saltwater Reel: Tibor

If anyone disagrees with this then I will send them a letter bomb. I have taken so many reels on saltwater trips. Lamsons rust like a mofo. Ross are sealed disc drags. Tibors are cork baby no need to seel!

» OK now this is a question I can answer.

»

» Best Value Saltwater Reel: Ross Canyon Big Game

»

» Best Saltwater Reel: Tibor

»

» If anyone disagrees with this then I will send them a letter bomb. I have

» taken so many reels on saltwater trips. Lamsons rust like a mofo. Ross

» are sealed disc drags. Tibors are cork baby no need to seel!

With a title like "Well Armed" I guess I should take the letter thing as real. My Ross is the Canyn Big Game and my Litespeed has not seen as much action. I do not have a Tibor, yet.

I've been fishing since I was born and I'm in the fly-fishing business (among other things), My experience tells me that basically for the price range you are talking about, there are no bad reels.

Orvis is making good reels, Tibor is great, SAGE, Ross, Waterworks-Lamson, etc. all good stuff.

I personally use Bauer reels, for salt water I've had the same reels for about 10 years. They are very good, reliable, great drag and very easy to clean.

Prez, if you want, send me an email telling me more less what you want and I’ll see if I can get you a good deal with one of our sponsors.