Rafael Gonzalez Lonsdales Dec. \'04

Rafael Gonzalez Lonsdales - 6.4" x 42 - Dec. '04

This cigar had a dark brown wrapper. Silky and oily are the best terms to describe it. Firm to the touch, with a pre-light aroma of wood and chocolate. A guillotine cutter was used.

From the get go this cigar showed some nice balance between strength and flavor. The first third was very peppery with little complexity, the cigar opened up nicely after 2-3 inches, with some nice earthy and woody flavors. The cigar maintained its strength the same throughout, light bodied but, with a nice punch to it. It seemed that it kept showing potential to have more body to it, but, remained light. last third was very woody. Short finish.

Burn was pretty even all the way down. Gave it a slow draw, but, the draw was a bit tight, had to work hard to get a nice amount of smoke. (maybe this is expected given such a thin cigar) Had to touch a few times. Ash was a dirty gray that held just okay.

Overall it was a very pleasant and refreshing smoke. Nice afternoon smoke. Will definitely buy another box. Should become very good smoke with some more age. Best Cervantes????

I have not had a RG Lonsdale for at tleast two years....and I will rectify it this week :-D

When it comes to Rafael Gonzalez I thing Rafael Gonzalez Corona Extra. For lighter style Lonsdale it is Sancho Panza Molinos.

I want to re-aquaint myself with what I have been missing ;-)

I have not smoked the RG Lonsdale. I do, however, very much enjoy the RG Corona Extra for a mild, morning or mid-day smoke.

Best cervantes? In my very humble opinion, the Partagas Lonsdale. I truly enjoy this cigar. A "softer" partagas, but very refined and flavorful.

As for the cigar being tight, with the exception of the Partagas, most of the londales (cervantes) that I have smoked from 98 through 02 have had some draw problems. Not every cigar in the box, but more than a few.

Thanks for the review.:ok: