Sancho Panza Non Plus ‘04

sloth

This cigar is becoming my first real “go to” cigar. I bought a box of these at the beginning of the year and every since I smoked my first one right off the truck they have yet to disappoint me.

I have been out sampling other cigars while gifted these to people. Every person I have gifted these to has loved them. Today I decided to stop sampling other cigars and lit up another one of these beauties.

The cigar was a very firm box press mareva with thin fine veins in the wrapper. It was flawless except for a bit of excess glue from the label.

I placed the cutter at just the cap of the head to make a nice clean cut. The draw was firm, but not tight. I lit the cigar with a soft-flame butane lighter. It lit perfectly without any labor at all.

One the first puff I was greeted with strong, smooth smoke. I’m no good at explain “flavors” and what not. It was woody with a creamy finish. Stronger than most petit coronas I smoke. Throughout smoking this cigar the taste remains about the same… some draws being stronger than others. I’m a slow smoker, but a friend who I have gifted a Non Plus to smoked this cigar a bit too fast and said that the second half of this cigar tasted bitter. So I would recommend to never smoke this cigar in a rush. This is a sit down and relax cigar which some might disregard because of its small size.

The burn was damn near perfect. At times it would burn at an angle, but quickly correct itself. When I put down this cigar, at about 1 cm, the burn was razor straight.

When finished the flavor sticks in your mouth for a long time. I just love these little cigars.

Great review Sloth :ok:

The Non Plus can be hit and miss but when "on" they are amongst the better half corona in that creamy mid body profile. Consistency of construction is still not to the same standard of others but it is getting better.

These are a GREAT cigar imho, as with the whole Sancho Panza line. My three favorite morning cigars are the Partagas Shorts, BPC and the Non-Plus...you can't wrong withem, and I have yet to have a bad one.

The 99's I have had were the best!