Dunhill Cabinetta

Got this cigar from BOTL several months ago. Thanks Dave.

Beautiful cigar .. perfect triple cap .. one small vein. The band is classic and understated. I decided to punch it and see how that works. Perfect hole. Pre-light draw was what I'd expect in a well-rolled cigar. Underneath the punch cut I could see the tobacco. Cut perfectly. The wrapper, foot and pre-light draw remind me of a cookie. Now, you're thinking "fat boy, I'm pretty sure everything reminds you of a cookie".

In any case, I head out to the back porch to start the journey. Beautiful night ... crescent moon ... mid 60s. The instant the fire hit the foot I was hit with flavors. The first couple of draws are amazing ... I get 2 or 3 of these in a good Cuban and I'm happy. Usually somewhere in the middle. Rich smoke ... very sweet ... smooth.

So let me try to describe the flavors. At this point I'm about 1 cm into the cigar. Sweet caramel nuts, honey, cream, some really nice floral component. Holy cow this is good. I'm getting rich dried fruit and honey tastes now and some other flavors that rock but I can't describe. I'm probably 3 cm into it by now. This cigar is no powerhouse .... but the depth of flavors, and smooth richness is like nothing I've smoked before.

The port (Taylor Fladgate 1999 LBV) paired up well ... the sweetness and slight astringency goes well with the depth of rich flavors in this smoke. I'm still at a loss to fully describe the range of flavors. About half way through this cigar and I want to slow down and make this last a week. The taste is beginning to kick up the power a bit. A little pepper.

Two inches left and the tastes have clearly changed. Some smooth creamy character, different but still incredibly rich. Blowing smoke out my nose sets it into some kinda wierd nirvana.

The port is really going well with the stronger peppery character that is coming out of the last 2 inches. Burn is deliberate, nice and slow. Kinda crooked all the way down but nothing that has me reaching for the lighter.

About an inch left and I know I'm going to be burning my fingers and my lips. Starting to look funny ... shorter than it is thick. As long as there are a few molecules of tobacco I'm inhaling folks ....

Pretty amazing cigar ... can I give it 100? Will I smoke another or one as good? Dunno ... so far this is clearly the best cigar I've smoked in terms of richness of flavors.

Great review Sean! :clap:

I often wonder if a Sancho Panza Molinos or a Juan Lopez Seleccion No 1 with 15 years would be a mirror like cigar (in flavour) to the Dunhill Cabinetta.