VR Unicos 12/04

jkr

Wrapper: Chocolate brown, smooth as silk, minimal veining.

Construction: Slightly soft feel to the cigar, but otherwise top notch construction with a perfectly done cap.

Prelight: With the soft feel, I made a very small cut. Still, it demonstrated a fairly loose draw (which I don't care for). I was concerned about low smoke production. Nice crisp aroma with earthy, tobacco notes dominating. No spice evident.

Burn: To my surprise, even with the loose draw, the cigar burned wonderfully. Each draw produced a ton of white, creamy smoke. Cigar burned razor sharp all the way down. I don't remember ever smoking a cigar with a loose draw that performed this well.

Taste: I would rate this cigar as medium in strength and medium in body. It started off with a peppery (on the tongue, not on the lips) yet smooth and creamy flavor profile. As I worked it down, the creamy characteristics took over. This cigar tasted great. I really like the creamy habanos and this one is far better than most others I've tried. The pepper showed up again near the end, but was never dominant.

Overall: I smoked this cigar until it burned my lips and fingers. About a 90 minute smoke. Fantastic overall and I'm looking forward to more of them. My only criticism is the loose draw, but that really wasn't a problem. Very highly recommended.