Romeo&Julietta cedros deluxe #3 1998

This cigar is smoking great and has been for several years. I was lucky enough to be able to purchase numerous boxes a couple years ago. I have shared these with some of the members here, so they know how great this cigar is. You guys know who you are. ;-)

I smoked one the other night, and as I'm getting to the end of my supply of these, I want to post a review of my thoughts.

Upon removing the cedar wrap, the cigar had a light brown / dark tan color. The cap is perfect and the draw as not tight and not loose, perfect. The wrapper is a little bumpy.

Prelight draw is cedar and leather. Hints of dark chocolate one the initial lighting. Smooth and medium flavor.

The burn is straight and true and needed no relights or touching up. Large volume of smoke wafts up and exhaling through my nose is pure pleasure, no burn or harshness whatsoever.

The flavor stayed cosistant the whole time with cocoa also showing up. I smoked this until I burnt my fingers. This cigar is one of my all time favorite smokes and will be surely missed when they are gone.

» Nice review.

»

» I think that the #3 CDL is the best by far the best of the R&J Cedros

» line-up.

»

» I am guilty of over looking this PC. Will need to re-assess.

Rob,

email me an address and I'll send you a couple of the '98's.

The '97 and '98 production of these were absolutely incredible. The '97's are long gone. I think a cigar magazine had rated those a 97 out of 100 back in '99.

I'm one of the lucky bastards that got to sample one from S&H's stash. They are a fantastic smoke and I appreciate the opportunity to have had one.

I can't believe I haven't pulled the trigger on a box of these yet. Anyone know how the newer production is smoking?

-T