\'90 ERDM Demi Tasse

mmblz

I was gifted one of these, and since it is much older than anything else I have, I had been saving it for a number of months. Finally I used the first really beautiful day of spring as an excuse to smoke it.

I gingerly slipped the band off. It looked old - the colors seemed to be smearing slightly into one another. I snipped the cap (more of a tip at such a small size), and took a prelight draw. Slightly tight, but seemed ok. I thought about my options for a drink, and didn't think I could get away with having a beer with such a cigar, so poured myself a Glenlivet.

As I lit the end, it seemed eager, as if it had been waiting for this moment. The first few puffs were a little musty, with the slightest hint of bitterness. I was impressed by the large amount of smoke coming from the little fellow. Soon, the flavor started to come together. The bitterness passed, the flavor got more focused and spicier. It became clear what a terrific cigar this was. It tasted like that final inch or two of any great cigar, burning hot, full of flavor, smoke going straight from burning end to tastebuds. The scotch seemed a perfect match. Once the flavor settled in after the first few puffs, it really didn't have time to develop much further, but it didn't need to, it was already excellent.

It burned surprisingly slowly for such a small cigar, which I was thankful for. I savored every bit.

» Very nice review. The only disappointment I have with this cigar is that it

» is too short!

I agree, not sure why there are so many of these around but they sure are a good little cigar!!!!