Cohiba Siglo I - Perla - March 04

Brand: Cohiba

Name: Siglo I

Vitola: Perla 40 x 102mm (4 inch)

Date: March 04

When I first received this box these cigars were strong and unapproachable. I have been sampling from this box once every six months to check on the progress and now, two years after their box date, these are really starting to impress me.

After dinner I grabbed some Macallan 18yo single malt, some water and headed out to enjoy a nice relaxing evening. Appearance and construction were excellent. This little perla sported a Colorado Claro wrapper and produced a slightly dark gray ash with little white specs sprinkled throughout. Draw and burn were excellent with plenty of smoke produced with each puff. I love the aroma Cohibas produce and the taste of these are really starting to come around.

The Siglo I was still strong, but time has brought forward more complex flavors of nuts, with spicy and earthy notes and a hint of sweet molasses starting to come through more and more. I tend to smoke slowly, so overheating was not an issue, even down to the very nub this cigar just blew me away. The woody and sweet sherry finished Macallan paired very nicely with this smoke.

Unfortunately I split this box with a friend and only have 4 left, so I will not be smoking these on a regular basis, but you can guarantee they will have some friends joining them very soon in the humidor. – Highly Recommended 91

» Nice review. This one is in my top 3 tpc rotation. Like you say Paul, with

» as little as two years, they are very approachable but awesome after 4 or

» more. But who has that kind of will power?

I am looking forward to see how these taste with 3-5 years.... but the remaining few probably won't last that long (maybe 3 but 5 is a streach)

One must have will power....and multiple boxes don't hurt either ;-)