Humidor Upgrade

RoryWoodworth

Hello all - Looking for some wisdom and insight on a humidor upgrade for myself. I'm a novice collector/smoker looking to expand my collection during an upcoming trip to Varadero. Living in Canada I find it hard to keep temp/humidity consistent as I run a dehumidifier in my house during summer. Currently have a desktop humidor, so I have been leaning toward a Raching C150A for adding stock to. After browsing some threads in here I feel this is a good fit for my intent. I gather a lot of this comes to personal preference, regardless any insight/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

I have been smoking cigars for over 15 years and have 3 humidors with a capacity of 100 cigars each, the last of which I bought about 14 years ago. I realized pretty quickly that the most effective way to store cigars is in an airtight plastic box + boveda. Believe me, this is better not only for your cigars, but also for your money too.

I would agree that over time unless you can justify a massive cabinet, plastic etc is probably best. 

I recently purchased the new Newair x Boveda humidor and am enjoying it so far. Took a couple weeks for it to settle.