Slimy water in electric humidor water tank

ycchai

I had one of those made in China electric humidor (like those Raching). Somehow the water tank sensor malfunction and I had to take apart the enclosed tank which is sealed at the bottom. I was shocked to discover slimy(whitish) stuff in the water tank, not significant but the existence of it within a tank of water. Further online research indicates this could be the work of slime bacteria. So my guess is that the UV sterilizer didn't work as advertised. 

I'm wondering should I be concerned considering these slime bacteria originated from the air we breathe and they are "natural"? I don't think pulling cleaning agent or chemicals into the tank is a smart move. Neither do I feel like flushing the tank monthly with distilled water which will be costly and also pain in the ass. in addition the discharge pump can't pump out all the water and will leave 1/2 inch of water+slime at the bottom. 

Any suggestions?

Also a friend had a cheapish different brand/design (about a month old) and I noticed the same thing is within his water tank