Wacota Humidors

Edwin M

Don't have any personal experience, but just browsing their website --they are absolutely gorgeous. I'm not seeing anything about temp control, and the humidifier included with their cabinets looks to be the cigaroasis type on first glance. Adds humidity only. I'm personally looking for something more "set it and forget it" than these seem to offer. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DennyPaul said:

I'm personally looking for something more "set it and forget it" than these seem to offer. 

So are you more of a fan of Raching? The tempature in my house is relatively consistent and man would one of the Wacotas look good in my living room. 

1 hour ago, Edwin M said:

So are you more of a fan of Raching? The tempature in my house is relatively consistent and man would one of the Wacotas look good in my living room. 

I'm very curious about them which is fair to say. Talking to a sales rep now about their MON series...

I've always seemed to lean toards function over form. I want a cabinet that I know has a solid seal at the minimum, and temperature control too (otherwise functionally it's no better than a tupperdore). 

But I get the appeal of aesthetics. Having a cabinets like what Wacota is offering would be really classy piece for the home. For me, I'd consider having one of their smaller or medium sized humidors for fussing with and displaying some nicer singles somewhere in the house, and then investing in a bigger fridge style cabinet for the bulk of storage and aging somewhere out of the way. Budget will be going to the latter before the former.

Any idea on how you would get a Wacota shipped to you? May be pricey since they're based in spain, and I'm not seeing anything about international shipping policies on their site.

• Like 1

Yes, your points about attempting to control the temperature are definitely valid. I just contacted Wacota support regarding shipping prices, possible temperature regulation, and the accuracy and consistency of their humidification system. So, we'll see what they come back with. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 12:53 PM, Edwin M said:

I just contacted Wacota support regarding shipping prices, possible temperature regulation, and the accuracy and consistency of their humidification system. So, we'll see what they come back with. 

What did they come back with?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 10:05 PM, TacoSauce said:

What did they come back with?

The they do ship to the US and for their bigger models are roughly $1k-$2k for shipping to your house. 

No temperature control as they are completely cedar and apparently it is more difficult to implement temperature control with their humidor design. 

They claim that their humidification system is very good. They have been implementing for 17+ years. It is also removable so that you can send it back to them for repairs if need be. 

I did a lot of research recently and ended up going with the Raching MON3800A. It has temperature control between 60 - 71 F and humidity control between 60-75%. I can personally say that temp and humidity are spot on and constant on all 7 shelves. As far as sealing goes this thing is air tight with double pane glass door. It truly is a very well manufactured and gorgeous humidor with all Spanish cedar wood inside. You can buy directly from the company (Raching) on Alibaba and they have US distribution warehouses setup now with units in inventory. This saves a ton of money on both the unit and shipping. Here is a link to inquire with the company through Alibaba. https://raching.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2756.trade-list-buyer.0.0.746c76e9RN4g5D&tracelog=from_orderlist_company

2024-01-24 08.11.17-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2