Boveda RH behavior in tupperdores

iggy_marley

I have a large IRIS quart tupperdore that holds dozens of boxes. I keep 62 bovedas in them and place cheap digital hygrometers across different areas of the box to monitor the RH. It just so happens that I have two different brands of hygrometers and when i place them next to each other one is consistently reading about 4% points higher than the other; therefore i have one hygrometer reading between 62-65 RH (where i want it) and the other between 65 - 68 RH (too high). FWIW i manually calibrated both brands of hygrometers.

Assuming my tupperdore has a good seal I wanted to know if it was possible for a 62 boveda to go all the way up to 68-69 RH when sealed? If it is of any input I live in a hot tropical climate and the temperature where i store my cigars fluctuates between 65 F at night and 75 F during the day depending on if the AC is on or not. I am considering going to down to 58 bovedas if my setup is not ideal but I don't know which hygrometer to trust before i adjust my settings. 

Any tips, experiences and inputs would be greatly appreciated!

Are the Bovedas getting thinner from exhaling moisture or are they getting fatter from taking in moisture?   62s should be trying to absorb moisture if the rh is actually at 8 plus.  For reference, my 62s tend to run around 65.    Any of the boxes near the higher humidity newer and could be wetter?   

when were the meters last calibrated?   I have some that drift over a few months   

with 62 Bovedas you really should look into active humidification IMO.