El Presidente Posted November 9, 2022 Posted November 9, 2022 ............that well thought out policy lasted just over a month. Well done morons https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/us-cuba-esta-traveller-trump-b2221169.html But the State Department insists: “Any visit to an SST on or after March 1, 2011, even if the country was designated yesterday, renders the applicant ineligible for Esta.” As a result, some passengers have been turned away from departure airports because they are regarded by the airlines as inadmissible to the US. Now, though, The Independent understands that US Customs & Border Protection (CBP) is likely to announce this month – possibly within a matter of days – that visits in the decade before 2021 will no longer disqualify a traveller from using the Esta scheme. US government sources have said that discussions in Washington are at an advanced stage and that CBP is pressing for the 12 January 2021 date to be used. While negotiations continue, front-line staff are taking “a relaxed approach” to British visitors who were in Cuba before 2021. The former president’s aim was to cause maximum damage to the Communist republic by deterring visitors. But it is also having an impact on US tourism, with some visitors choosing to visit Cuba in preference to America. 1
Russell Posted November 9, 2022 Posted November 9, 2022 I’d rather visit Cuba than the US and I live here 3
UK2Cuba Posted November 10, 2022 Posted November 10, 2022 Looks like I won't be visiting the US for a while then 😆
bishop532 Posted November 11, 2022 Posted November 11, 2022 On 11/9/2022 at 5:55 PM, Russell said: I’d rather visit Cuba than the US and I live here Right?
JohnnyO Posted November 14, 2022 Posted November 14, 2022 The Esta has also been a problem for Cuban nationals that hold a second passport (Spain/Italy etc) and try to enter the US on a direct flight. Airlines are not boarding some passengers on those flights and they are having to travel through a third country (Cayman, Bahamas) to enter the US. John
El Presidente Posted November 14, 2022 Author Posted November 14, 2022 2 hours ago, JohnnyO said: The Esta has also been a problem for Cuban nationals that hold a second passport (Spain/Italy etc) and try to enter the US on a direct flight. Airlines are not boarding some passengers on those flights and they are having to travel through a third country (Cayman, Bahamas) to enter the US. John Rumour floating around is cuba will be removed from the Sponsors of Terrorism List over the next few months. Deportation changes (US to Cuba) have been agreed upon. last week. The Dems have worked out that Florida is a lost cause for now. There are a few deals being done to the benefit of the CBP. There would have been a price to pay. 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now